HR at Corporate Connections
Views:2584 Applications:283 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Chief Executive Officer - R&D Center (25-29 yrs)
Exp : 25 + Years
- The Head will carry the overall responsibility of establishing and growing this in all ways. Role covers strategy for modelling a sustainable center with strong commercialization outcomes; and managing operations and growth of the set up.
- More specifically, responsibility spans across developing innovative models for enabling and facilitating translational research and innovation driven projects working with the professors, students, early stage startups, and Phd. scholars
- It also includes creating the mechanism, enabling environment and facilitative resources to enable research and innovation to be commercialized. A key responsibility of the HEAD includes helping the center to become financially sound organizationally; as well as having funding available for hi-end research and related commercialization activities. Over a period of 5 years the HEAD should be able to raise 5X or more of the funding raised from the current foundation.
- The role is facilitative in engaging, encouraging, enabling and facilitating the research projects lead by various individuals and teams within the college; in this role the HEAD would work closely with the internal committees and the Advisory board.
- In the managerial role it would include initiating and managing the entire development process of research projects going to market, the modelling of an ideal academic research center and ecosystem for commercialization; growth strategy and implementation; developing the playbook and capacity for replication of similar centers in other premium institutions.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge and experience including:
- An excellent academic pedigree in the bio-sciences space with over 20 years of experience that cuts across academia and corporate R&D with at least 3 years of proven record leading a R&D center for commercialization.
- Direct experience leading corporate R&D centers with a proven record of managing the life cycle of research, innovation leading to commercialization of new technology and or products
- Direct experience in research within or with academia to be able to sensitively and successfully navigate the academic ecosystem .
- Experience raising funds internally from within the corporate and externally from sources like Foundations and government, to manage and grow the R&D center.
- Ability to build a strong working network of expert scientists, entrepreneurs and other experts in the biosciences space, corporate leadership and investors
- A strong knowledge of biosciences including the latest developments in research and technology development in the space.
- Should have filed patents and have published in notable global publication/s
- Demonstrated outlook for scale and execution capabilities to manage the organization, its development and growth as a lead research and commercialization entity in the context of the education set up.
- Be able to position and Market the Centre to be able to attract the top talent for research, innovation commercialization and execution to it.
- Be able to develop a relevant, highly execution capable and cost optimized team to deliver on the commercialization and other organizational building and sustainability goals.
- Be able to model an approach for replication; and guide, hand hold and support the development of other similar centers around India.