Chief Executive Officer - Power Trading (20-30 yrs)
Chief Executive Officer - Power Trading
We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader to join our company in the role of CEO (Chief Executive Officer) for handling the Power Trading business. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the organisation and will work closely with the MD and Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate for this position should have previous Power trading experience and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership.
In addition to high- powered meetings with the board of directors, senior management and other companies, a CEO will look after anything involved in the day- to- day running of the business. Here's a closer look at the specifics
Roles & Responsibility:
- Develop sound business strategies alongside the leaders, keeping in mind the short-term and long-term goals of the business
- Setting strategic goals and making sure they are measurable and describable
- Evaluate strategic investment opportunities & potential leads to help unlock value for the company.
- Partner with high-level officers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability.
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Drive strategy for new business opportunity both client and customer side.
- Keeping track of various regulatory changes which directly or indirectly affect the market.
Meeting & Event Preparation
- Represent the company as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events and public meetings
- Targets and initiates business partnerships with other companies
- Active engagement with Consultant/Channel Partners to promote and educate on various offering by company in Power Trading.
- Working closely with the Utilities, Regulatory bodies, Implementation Agencies
Project Management & Operations:
- Generates new business and gives approval of new projects for supply of Open Access Power to various Commercial & Industrial clients in India.
- To identify and conclude business opportunities for Open Access Power supply to various utilities and government organizations.
- Participation and preparation of technical/commercial bid documents for tenders of Open Access power supply.
- Creating new business opportunities for team under different market segments and ensure achievement of business targets, analysing various regulatory frameworks and implementing same in trading functions, monitoring the power market.
- Work closely with the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
- Responsible for day- to- day decisions
- Identifies risks and ensures appropriate strategies are in place
- Drives profitability of the business
- Completing the compliances requirement of the Power Trading business including CERC and other regulatory bodies guidelines.
Desired Profile :
- An Engineering with a Master Degree from Power trading business unit.
- 20 years of industry experience of which minimum 5 years in the top management level, with good experience in managing P&L for the business and operations.
- Excellent knowledge about generators and customers
- Strong knowledge about the guidelines of CERC and electricity board.
- Strong network within the power industry.
- Have proven track record in scaling business.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Excellent Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts