Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:1144 Applications:219 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:187
Chief Executive Officer - NGO (20-25 yrs)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - CSDE
- Full time position
About The/Nudge Foundation :
The/Nudge Foundation exists to alleviate poverty, sustainably and scalably. We are a collective of some of India's best leaders and entrepreneurs from industry, academia, philanthropy, public service and foundations. Estd in 2015, we are a ~175 people strong team, and our non profit work spans 3 impact streams:
1. Centre for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (CSDE): Exists to enable underprivileged youth to lead flourishing lives. We implement high-quality skilling programs, drive innovation, do research and provide consulting in skill development and entrepreneurship domain. Over the last 4 years, our highly successful "Gurukul" model of residential skill development has graduated over 5500+ underprivileged youth from 10 different states with 100% placements and life-long support thereafter. (Supported by Nilekani Philanthropies, Tata Trusts, Rockefeller Foundation, HDFC Bank, HSBC Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, KPMG, Franklin Templeton, Fidelity Investments etc.)
2. N/Core: Exists to nudge and nurture top talent to solve for India's biggest challenges. We run launch-pad, incubator and accelerator programs for early stage non-profit social entrepreneurs, and support 30+ non-profits every year. (Supported by Niti Aayog, Ford Foundation, Omidyar Network, Cisco, Mphasis etc)
3. Ultra poor (UP) program: Exists to enable households to come out of extreme poverty. We provide sustainable rural livelihoods for women-led families stuck in extreme poverty through end to end design and implementation of the graduation approach in Jharkhand. Our goal is to pull 1,00,000 families out of extreme poverty in the next 10 years. (Supported by KPMG, ATC etc)
Spirit of The/Nudge :
Honesty towards our purpose | Empathy towards others | Continuous innovation | Focused on scale | Impatience towards our goals
About Centre for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship:
Centre for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (CSDE) is an impact stream of The/Nudge Foundation, and exists to enable underprivileged youth to lead flourishing lives. We are building one of the world's best institutions focused on underprivileged youth, and work across employability, employment and micro-entrepreneurship. We partner with various stakeholders across the skilling ecosystem and are focused on accelerating both the impact and scale of #SkillIndia.
Over the last 4 years, CSDE has:
- Graduated over 5500+ youth from Gurukuls in Bangalore and Delhi, serving youth from across 9+ states, with a 100% placement record, and average starting salary of Rs.13500+/-
- Consulted Delhi government for the entire concept, plan and model of their Skilling University
- Rolled out / FuturePerfect program across 20+ colleges,, to solve for Service Sector Employability through English+21st century skills
- Partnered with renowned development organisations like ADB to create knowledge and thought leadership through research
- Implemented pilot in collaboration with UNDP on - Improving Industry Participation through Apprenticeship-
- Partnered with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to conduct research, create knowledge, do experiments and co-create solutions to challenges in our skilling ecosystem
Role & Responsibilities:
CSDE capabilities are structured across six areas - knowledge & research, strategy & consulting, innovation & action, programs & initiatives, technology & platforms, and convening & collaboration.
As the CEO, you will:
- Set the vision for CSDE along with our founder, define its overall strategy and build CSDE into one of the world's leading institutions in skill development and entrepreneurship
- Provide direction and guidance to all functional areas, including innovation, operations, consulting, technology, convening and so on.
- Serve as a public champion for the cause of CSDE and establish its credibility in the ecosystem
- Build a high-performance team aligned with the larger purpose of The/Nudge and committed to the goals of CSDE
- Execute effectively and efficiently, with natural comfort to roll-up your sleeves and work with the team whenever needed
- Proactively manage and mitigate risk, whether legal, financial or operations.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, results-driven and collaborative leader to join us.
Apply only if you:
- Have a strong passion for social impact
- Have a target-driven, ambitious, high-performer background, with a history of consistently exceeding expectations and steep career growth curve
- Take complete ownership of your work, and take responsibility for outcomes
- Have leadership experience of at least 5+yrs and overall 20+yrs (eg: CEO/VP/MD)
- Have a proven track record of building successful businesses/institutions from the ground up, ideally in recent roles
- Have demonstrated experience in managing large and diverse teams across geos Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - CSDE
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.