Senior Associate Consultant at Exponent Consulting
Views:970 Applications:169 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Chief Executive Officer/Chief Financial Officer - Venture Fund/Venture Capital (15-20 yrs)
We are seeking an experienced CEO/CFO to manage day-to-day operations of our company. The right candidate must be ready to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to our executive team, establish a great working relationship with the board of directors and set a course for company strategy.
- Provide inspired leadership company wide.
- Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
- Develop and implement operational policies and a strategic plan.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
- Develop the company's culture and overall company vision.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Oversee the company's fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Work with senior stakeholders, chief information officer, and other executives.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the executive board to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Over see day-to-day operation of the company.
- Work closely with the human resource department to ensure great hiring.
- Bachelor's degree or master degree in a relevant discipline or MBA.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Experience with corporate governance.
Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Important Details Required:
- A multi-tasking and multi skilled CA/CPA + MBA Finance (good to have) with a flair for finance, people and operations with 15-20 years experience.
- The candidate should come from a VC fund (CFO/Operating Partner role) or a VC funded tech company (CFO/Operations role) and he/she must have good grip on growth related challenges.
- They will need to know how capital is efficiently used for achieving growth and value creation.
- Someone who has graduated from a finance and accounting leadership role to a wider operational role handling sales pipeline (from cash flow standpoint), budget variances, investor management, business structuring etc.
- Must have strong leadership (with hands-on management style) and great communications skills needed to manage internal and external stakeholders.