Director at Connexio Search
Views:726 Applications:132 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Chief Executive Officer - Angel Investment Group (12-20 yrs)
Our client is a leading angel investment group based in Chennai comprising successful leaders in the start up ecosystem, and with a diversified portfolio across leading and exciting consumer and B2B tech start ups. They are looking for an experienced CEO to manage the day-to-day operations of the company. The right candidate must be ready to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to the executive team, have a great working relationship with the executive board and establish an excellent rapport with all members.
- Provide inspired leadership and report to the executive board and keep them informed of developments in the company.
- Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy in consultation with the executive board.
- Develop and implement operational policies.
- Evolve and execute strategic and annual financial plans.
- Develop the company's culture and overall company vision.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Oversee the company's fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Oversee and personally contribute to the following day-to-day operations of the company:
- Sourcing and evaluation of suitable start-ups for funding
- Deal making including issue of term sheets, financial diligence, legal diligence, business diligence, negotiation of definitive agreements and deal documentation
- Managing the company's interests and exits in invested portfolio companies
- Selection and onboarding of new members
- Driving member engagement and training activities viz. knowledge sharing, fireside chats, social events etc.
- Marketing the company brand, driving social media and PR activities, monthly newsletters etc.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other angel networks, micro VCs, family houses, venture funds, incubators, accelerators and other relevant start-up ecosystem players.
- Investment MIS & Reporting
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in a relevant discipline or MBA.
- Experience in M&A and/or investment banking and/or venture fund and/or angel network
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and external organizations.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.