Senior Manager at RGF Professional Recruitment India
Views:2611 Applications:130 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Chief Credit Officer - Retail Lending - NBFC (18-25 yrs)
CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER :
The Chief Credit Officer (CCO) is responsible for the aggregate risk in the Bank's lending portfolio. The CCO will oversee, measure and manage all aspects of the Credit cycle including the Bank's credit, fraud, authorization, underwriting and collection policies, procedures, and processes ensuring appropriate mitigation of the risks inherent in any portfolio.
The CCO is expected to have an end to end understanding of the lending process. He / She will coordinate the management and work-out of problem credits and work closely with legal counsel and CRO, through the collections process, recommending appropriate strategies to Management and Board. The CCO would be responsible for the attainment of lending objectives and the overall direction and operations of the credit department, including administering all loans and driving portfolio quality.
The CCO would also be responsible for assuring that documentation is in compliance with loan committee approvals, and/or regulations.
The CCO's overall responsibilities would include
- Monitor and manage the Bank's overall credit risk
- Create a model for credit analytics and portfolio early warning signals
- Ensure maintenance of the bank credit standards
- Initiate, develop, and implements appropriate lending policies and procedures
- Oversee and provide active management of the Bank's credit analysis/underwriting function
- Ensure credit expansion happens while maintaining asset quality
- Lead, coach, develop, and manage staff
- Develop appropriate portfolio management MIS reports
- Chair the bank's Credit Committee; recommending modifications that reflect developing risks, economic conditions and projections, and the competitive environment
- Manage the workout of problem loans
- Manage bank's repossessed assets
- Keep a close watch of Fraud trends and take appropriate steps to mitigate fraud risk
- Assist in determining the adequacy of the loan loss reserves
- Primary liaison to Central Bank examiners, loan review, and auditors
- Participate in the development and implementation of the bank's strategic objectives
- Take the lead in bringing process changes which ensures faster Turnaround times
- Ensure product profitability along with other stakeholders
Experience / Exposure
- At least 18+ years of experience in banking / financial sector with specific expertise in credit policy / underwriting / collections of Retail lending portfolio
- He / She should have thorough knowledge in all facets of the Credit Cycle including processing of applications, credit analysis, restructuring etc.
- Strong understanding of operational, legal and credit risk
- Should have a rich exposure to Collections management
- He / She should have strong project management skills and ability to translate desired business concepts to actual processes for implementation.
- Thorough understanding about the laws of the land and regulator's prudential norms for Banks