Chief Content Officer/Content Head - Media (12-15 yrs)
Job Description: Chief Content Officer/ Content Head Position Summary
The Content Head/ Chief Content Officer will oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with the departments of public relations, communications, marketing, customer service, IT and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Responsibilities ultimately, the job of the Content Head is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies. Content Marketing Institute 2 Chief Content Officer Job Description - Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- A decrease in sales/buying cycles.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing).
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates. Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- Must Have - Minimum 3 years- experience producing TV, web and social media content
- 10-15 years of experience as a respected leader in multi channel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages, etc. required.
- Ability to write, edit and proof-read quality written content
- Good editorial judgement
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other analytics tools
- Knowledge of industry best-practices, including content delivery standards and usability
- Strong skills in industry-standard Adobe photo, audio and video editing software preferred
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.