Chief Compliance Officer - Media Startup (7-12 yrs)
Chief Compliance Officer:
We are looking for a Chief Compliance Officer . The ideal candidate would be an experienced leader and strategic thinker with a deep knowledge of India's evolving digital media industry.
Minimum Qualifications :
- The candidate must be resident in India.
- Degree or equivalent with specialization/certification in privacy laws and data protection.
- Experience regarding relevant compliance matters, including expertise in applicable laws and regulations to online platforms, internet safety issues, user privacy, and content regulation. Such experience should correspond to that expected for an organization of similar size, scale, and complexity and its apps and products.
- Public policy experience or experience interacting and maintaining strong relationships with key government agencies and other external stakeholders on compliance matters in a highly-regulated environment.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Oversee and monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations of India, including the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the relevant rules thereunder, and its apps and products.
- Work closely and creatively with cross functional teams, including the legal team of in reviewing and addressing governmental regulations and policies.
- Manage effective relationships, including on matters of compliance, with key government agencies and regulators in close collaboration with internal team
- Provide compliance support and guidance to the internal teams coordinating with government and law enforcement agencies and handling user grievances.
- Provide feedback to internal teams and leadership regarding the design and operation compliance with applicable regulations, the key issues, the emerging trends, and the effectiveness of compliance program operations, resourcing, and external understanding.
- Identify, propose, and support effective process and technical solutions to facilitate compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that company stays abreast with current and anticipated regulations as well as industry best practices.
- Willingness to work off hours and overtime, including weekends and occasionally on holidays, in order to support emergency matters and interact with employees.
- Adopt responsibility and ensure due diligence is exercised with respect to obligations under the information technology laws, specifically the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021.
- Participate in hearings and proceedings before courts or regulatory authorities involving company This may require you to appear in your personal capacity or as a representative of company in such proceedings.
- Co-operate and co-ordinate with law enforcement agencies in relation to investigation of any grievance of the users.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Acting as a key managerial position (KMP) or holding senior managerial position in organizations similar to the organization
- Experience in public policy or law and adept in handling data privacy and cybersecurity matters.
- Experience in handling and attending matters before courts, regulatory bodies, and agencies.
- Experience assessing, analyzing, and resolving multiple issues and challenges while meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience with applicable regulatory compliance requirements and spotting emerging trends in digital media space.
- Experience working with internal teams on matters concerning compliance with applicable laws and regulations and implementing solutions to improve compliance frameworks and internal policies.
- Experience working as part of a fast-paced team and exercise good judgment, strong critical thinking skills, agile prioritization, and influential presence of mind in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience presenting before audiences.
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.