Assistant Director at Fields Of Purity
Views:2168 Applications:329 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:328
Chief Administrative Officer - Healthcare/Pharma (15-30 yrs)
The Chief of Administration will be responsible for the following duties:
- Directs and manages the Division of Administration, including human, budget and financial resources, central support services and information and communication technology and assists the Senior Management Group in the exercise of his/her mandate relating to administrative and management matters.
- Contributes to the formulation of the department's overall strategies and policies by participating in various committees, preparing documents on policy issues, and acting, as required, in an advisory capacity to the Senior Management Group; contributes to the overall management of activities and operations.
- Provides leadership in developing innovative and change management programmes and in the implementation of Secretariat-wide reform initiatives.
- Provides policy analysis, advice and recommendations to the Senior Management Group on all substantive aspects of the administration and management of the human, financial, information technology and infrastructure resources, including regarding relations with the host country authorities and leveraging organization ecosystem on administrative issues. Contributes to strategic planning and achievement of the Senior Management Group's managerial objectives.
- Formulates and implement the substantive work programme of DOA, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery. Ensures that programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion and co-ordinates work in the different areas both within the Division, and with other organizations, donors and agencies as appropriate.
- Oversees the programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the DOA, including preparation of budgets, assigning and monitoring of performance parameters and critical indicators, reporting on budget/programme performance, preparation of inputs for results-based budgeting, evaluation of staff performance, interviews of candidates for job openings and evaluation of candidates.
- Chairs meetings, seminars, etc., on substantive-related issues; represents the Organization at international, regional, inter-agency meetings, seminars and conference; provides programmatic/substantive expertise on specific issues, or holds programmatic/substantive and organizational discussions with representatives of other institutions.
- In keeping with the Senior Management Group's vision of organization as a modern and innovative hub for conferencing, is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and upgrade of the infrastructure, including conference rooms and related audio-visual and IT network, to be up to date and fit for purpose for modern conferencing including provision for remote participation.
- Within delegated authority by the Senior Management Group in his/her capacity as Designated Official, monitors the day-to-day activities of the Organization Security and Safety Service. Acts as a designated representative of the Senior Management Group in the oversight of the project , including ensuring smooth transition to and full exploitation of the renovated infrastructure.
- Maintains liaison with and coordinates organization-wide reporting to oversight bodies, including the External Auditors.
- Co-ordinates and oversees organization contribution and preparation of reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budget Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, Economic and Social Council, the Board of Directors and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
- Reports to inter-organization bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/substantive issues, as appropriate.
- Coordinates staff-management matters at Headquarters by fostering dialogue and resolving local matters through the Joint Negotiation Committee. Participates in the Staff-Management Coordination Committee meetings and in the elaboration of the Organizations' overall human resources strategy.
- Ensures that the outputs produced by the DOA maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data, including by promoting data-driven analysis.
- Oversees organization provision of administrative and management services and in other duty stations, maintaining liaison with counterparts. Provides leadership and strategic direction in the development of common services initiatives in the organization system at headquarter.
- Facilitates inter-agency cooperation on administrative issues and provision of services.
- Oversees the recruitment of staff for the DOA taking into due account geographical and gender balance and other institutional values.
- Manages, guides, develops and trains staff under his/her supervision; fosters teamwork and communication among staff in the Division and across organizational boundaries.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Director-General and senior management of the Organization.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.