Technical Recuiter at Chegg.com
Views:178 Applications:63 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Chegg.com - Lead - Business Intelligence/Analytics - Python/SQL/Tableau - Financial Systems Group (9-12 yrs)
The Team: Financial Systems Group (FSG)
The FSG team is key to Chegg's ability to perform the accounting close, generate the company's financial reports and pass audits. It is a team composed of business intelligence analysts, business systems analysts and process analysts who primarily support the Finance and Accounting departments.
The Role: BI Lead, FSG
We are looking for this person to be an integral part of the BI team to help us accelerate from Data to Information. We have a roadmap and we are looking for you to collaborate with our team in Santa Clara and help us accelerate this roadmap.
The ideal candidate for this position must have deep knowledge in Enterprise Data Warehousing, strong SQL querying and ETL skills as well as experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, also basic knowledge of financial accounting.
The tools used include Tableau, Domo, Redshift, PostGres, Databricks, Athena, AWS and Netsuite (ERP). We are always upgrading our tech stack.
Experience working with cross functional teams, analysts and technical teams in fast paced product company is essential.
This person will work closely with the engineering teams as well as with the business community. This person will have exceptional technical, analysis, data visualization, communication skills, as well as ability to collaborate effectively in on/off-shore model.
- Become a trusted partner who provides expert advice in the usage and interpretation of data.
- Identify impactful opportunities to improve our analytical measurement approaches and shape the roadmap based on such learning to keep us moving forward.
- Build Dashboards and Interactive Reports using Tableau on a Cloud based Enterprise Data Warehousing Environment for multiple business units.
- Create compelling data visualizations using various BI tools like Tableau and Domo.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand business needs for insights and analytics
- Architect, Develop, Validate and communicate BI solutions such as reports, dashboards, KPIs and alerts.
- Understand modeling constraints and creates elegant solutions to both present and deliver information for easy consumption.
- Defines standards and procedures for best practices for visual intelligence design and development.
- Develop and maintain thorough system documentation and materials related to software and hardware used for data visualizations.
- Able to identify incomplete data, improve quality of data and integrate data from multiple sources.
- Collaborate with BU Analysts and developers in the efficient use of Tableau and other visualization tools.
- 8+ years working as a BI and/or Backend Developer in an enterprise, data-driven environment.
- 3+ years of Data Visualization experience using tools like Tableau, Domo or other interactive BI tools is a must.
- 2+ years of working in on/off shore development model and leading deliverables
- Experience leading BI/Analytics team is plus
- Background and experience in finance domain is a plus. Candidates who have worked with financial-systems team will get extra edge in process.
- Expert in visual representation of complex information for driving business impact
- Subject Matter Expert on enterprise data visualization, data analysis, data modeling, SQL constructs and workload management.
- Expert in SQL and Non-SQL tools for data analysis, report development and performance tuning.
- Experience with one or more databases like Redshift, PostGres, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL etc.
- Must have experience in working with the cross functional and cross regional teams.
- Basic familiarity utilizing AWS technologies such as Redshift, Aurora, EMR
- Self-motivated, independent, organized and proactive, highly responsive, flexible and adaptable when working across multiple teams.
- Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating recommendations effectively to a broad audience.