Chegg - Legal Counsel - LLB + CS (6-9 yrs)
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg helps make higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland, India, Israel, Berlin, and Ukraine. Chegg services include Chegg Study-, Chegg Tutors, Chegg Books, Chegg Math Solver, Chegg Writing Tools, and Internships.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
For more information, visit www.chegg.com
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer!
Our Commitment to You :
- You'll benefit from a collaborative culture that will help you build technical, functional skills and capabilities
- The scale of our capabilities and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills
Call to Action:
If you have a desire to be a part of a fast growing global organisation, Now's the time!
Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts and help us improve the way E-Learning ecosystem works!!
- We are seeking a mid-level attorney qualified in India to join the Chegg legal team. This lawyer will support the operations of Chegg's growing offices in India (Delhi and Vizag) as a member of the Chegg legal team. Primary practice areas are commercial contracts and labour/employment law. Day-to-day activities will generally include negotiating vendor contracts, advising local leadership on labour issues, assisting with corporate compliance and maintenance of legal entities, and collaborating with human resources team on employee issues.
- The candidate should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting business and legal teams across Chegg. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Strong written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Candidate should be Law Graduate (LLB) from a reputed University and shall also be a qualified Company Secretary
- 6+ years of Legal & Corporate Secretarial experience preferably in a Corporate Legal department
- Experience with US law or in a US multinational company a plus
- Strong experience in reviewing, revising, and negotiating changes to contracts including NDAs, consulting agreements, procurement contracts, master services agreements, lease agreements, and licensing contracts.
- Manage Company Compliance on all statutory or legal matters such as Labor Law, State Law, Companies Act, Shop & Establishment, MSME Act, etc.
- Clear on complex contractual concepts, good exposure to corporate and commercial laws.
- Microsoft Office skills: Intermediate to Advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines, interruptions, and multiple tasks/projects occurring at once.
- Able to prioritize daily workload and respond to requests promptly and accurately
- Good writing and legal analytical skills
- Experience in handling sensitive information and supporting senior level managers or leaders
- Ability to collaborate and network with others to meet the business needs, with sound understanding of business work
- Attentive to details and strong follow-up skills
- Dependable with strong work ethic
- Additional qualifications include excellent analytical, organizational and planning abilities, solid communication and management skills, creativity and initiative