Chalo - Manager - Training (4-5 yrs)
- As a Training Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing an organization-wide training strategy that facilitates and drives individual development in the field and in-house.
- Looking for a Passionate, intelligent, strategic individual
- Looking to pursue a top-notch career in training. You will have good experience in L&D with strong project management skills.
- Create and execute learning programs
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops, and other training
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing
Chalo Story :
- Chalo is India's #1 bus transport technology company built with the core purpose of making travel better. With operations in 52 cities and enabling 1 billion rides annually, Chalo is solving a real-world problem that affects crores of Indians and creating India's largest mobility company along the way.
How large is the problem?
- Buses are the single-largest mode of transport. They account for 48% of all public transport trips in India and more in other countries. Compare this with 8% of trips on taxis, and just about 2% on metros. Bus tickets account for $20 billion annually. However, each bus commuter spends the equivalent of 8 days a year waiting for a bus, and bus operators have losses running into hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
What we solve :
- We aim to make travel better for everyone. Today we do so by improving the experience of taking city buses. Chalo users wait 30 minutes less each day, travel safer with contactless digital tickets, and even save money with Chalo Super Saver plans. This kick starts a virtuous circle, where happier commuters mean more rides which in turn means more revenue for our bus operator partners, which means better services for commuters. Our most important KPI is the revenue uplift achieved.
- We have demonstrated an increase of up to 70% in bus ridership in Chalo cities, enabling some operators to be profitable for maybe the first time in this business.
How we do it :
- We work in partnership with bus operators to deploy our proprietary technology - GPS, Electronic ticketing devices, the Chalo App, the Chalo Card, and the entire back-end tech platform to support all this. By deploying an end-to-end solution, we are able to power a unique experience.
- Over time we have understood the value of expanding our scope of work as well as leveraging the power of the data generated by our platform to help operators with operations such as route optimization, crew management, and revenue maximization.
- We have developed expertise for not just the issuance of mobile tickets and closed-loop cards, but also for accepting payments. Our team has also worked on developing Electronic Ticketing machines that could work in low/no internet connections and have instructions in multiple languages.
- Our operations are wise, deep, and intensive - buses run 24/7 and that means so do we. We process more than 80 million unique data points daily. We count among our staff, experienced software developers, operations and supply chain experts, transport specialists and also GPS technicians, and bus conductors. We told you it was complicated!
What's in store for 2022 and beyond?
- We love buses and believe that they run better on technology, rather than fuel. Armed with India's #1 bus tracking app, and India's #1 bus travel card, we are going to do a lot more of what we currently do. We are taking
- Chalo to even more Indian cities and expanding our tech offering. We are currently implementing pilot projects that enable passengers to tap or scan themselves into and out of buses, just like in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.
- We have also recently launched India's largest implementation of NCMC cards in buses, and this is coming to more cities. With our acquisition of Shuttl, we will also expand our presence in the premium bus market, addressing an entirely new audience segment. We have begun operations in 2 international cities and are expanding our global presence.