HR at The Motivator
Views:331 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Central Technology Officer - Chemical Firm (20-30 yrs)
Chief Technology Officer
Job Title- Chief Technology Officer
Current Position Holder-
Job Location- Baroda
The CTO makes all executive decisions with regard to the technological interests of a company. They are responsible for outlining the company's technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business needs.
CTO performs a number of highly important roles within an organization. CTO in Tatva Chintan is responsible for research planning, ADL, Zeolite lab, Pilot plant, electro dialysis lab, Organic synthesis lab and implementing new programs and protocols into company and the development of new products.
Reports to- Director
01. Overall responsible for research planning, Organic synthesis lab, Zeolite lab, electro dialysis, Pilot plant, and implementing new programs and protocols into company and the development of new products.
02. Complete responsibility of new department's Organic synthesis lab, Zeolite lab, electro dialysis lab, for their establishment, effective working and managing final output and results.
03. Responsible to co-ordinate with external labs like NCL. IICT, CECRI etc. for ongoing as well as future projects and get them done on timely basis.
04. Responsible to develop the new molecules as per the organization/management requirement within the given time frame along with effective & viable effluent treatment plans.
05. Responsible to research and bring green chemistry oriented products.
06. To prepare the literature search report and finalize the ROS of new molecules.
07. To develop the robust process which is commercially feasible, economical viable and environment friendly.
08. To manage to carryout day to day experiments, Execution the work in time to ensure timely delivery and maintain their records.
09. Responsible for all statutory compliance related to R & D,
10. To help/support/perform/Manage plant troubleshoots and plant supporting activities.
11. To check the performance trial of RM for vendor qualification approval.
12. R&D work planning on daily/weekly/monthly basis and provide necessary co-operation to other cross-functional departments.
13. Co-ordinate with other department for smooth running of R&D department including in-coming inspection, vendor site inspection and calibration of instruments.
14. Responsible to get SOP, BMR preparation and their implementation.
15. Responsible for DSIR Approval, retrievals and co-ordinations.
16. Ensure the control, storage and retrieval of documents.
17. Co-ordination with ADL department for Compilation of standard dossier.
18. Ensuring new product raw material purchase as per specification.
19. Responsible for getting prepared complete protocol for R & D batches.
20. Every experimental batch taken should be well documented and put on stability.
21. Responsible for taking product trials at pilot and plant level.
22. Responsible for analysis of new products to evaluate stability in co-ordination with ADL.
23. Responsible for getting Prepared product development report, stability report and other documentation.
24. Responsible for technology transfer & scale up to plant level along with complete dossier (including RM spec., FG spec, MSDS, BMR preparation, IPQC, GHS label format, Packing compatibility, identification and imparting training on critical aspect of safety and analytics)
25. Responsible for getting Prepared stability protocol, Monitoring stability throughout shelf life and getting done Maintenance of lab equipment /machine etc.
26. Responsible for getting Maintained GLP guideline during lab trial.
27. Maintaining and updating various documents manually as well as electronically.
28. Responsible for full monitoring/presence during technology transfer at plant level.
29. Conducting daily meeting with dept. team members to review daily planning and progress, as well as weekly meeting with director for the same.
30. Responsible for data gathering and analysis for various experiments.
31. To check and verify experiment logbooks and post remark and conclusion on each experiment. To ensure all analytical results are in logbooks with analytical report no.
32. Ensure effective housekeeping and safe work environment in area under control.
33. Responsible for submitting product master record file at the end of project.
34. Responsible for preparation of SOP, training to employees and evaluation of the same.
35. Responsible to strengthen R & D team by timely recruitment of new requirement of people which may go beyond 100.
36. To train and make aware team members (R &D, ADL, Purchase) regarding health hazard of hazardous chemicals.
37. To maintain cleanliness, discipline & awareness of safety in the department.
38. To enhance the skill and expertise of an individual by providing appropriate training.
39. Responsible for management objectives, targets, Initiation, and evaluation.
40. To ensure PPE's are used as per defined PPE Matrix for performing activities.
41. To report unsafe condition/ act and incident and take immediate corrective action.
42. Responsible to involve during investigation when accident occur.
43. To effective implementation of GMP practice with necessary compliance in the organization.
44. To check effectiveness of training of departmental staffs.
45. Co-ordinate /preparation of HIRA/AI, SOPs, WIs pertaining to QC department.
46. To ensure compliance with Validation Master Plan for qualification and requalification for Equipment and utilities in R & D lab.
Job Responsibilities related to ADL:
1. Ensuring quality standards for all Documentary Procedures and accuracy of the same.
2. Calibration system development & monitoring of all measuring instruments or equipment in ADL lab & QC labs at all three locations & reporting to director on time.
3. Responsible for trouble shooting analysis of the product manufactured at plants for assuring of quality. Root cause analysis of analytical part.
4. Responsible of analysis and documentation of Finished Products, RM, IPQC, PM (compatibility) in R & D Lab.
5. Responsible for Setting of analysis, Method of Analysis, specification and COA for document and on SAP for all Purpose. Also responsible for SOP and STP preparation accurately.
6. Validation of analytical Process/analytical Methods and Revalidation in case of any change and Updating.
7. Ensuring the Implementation of Documentation control activities.
8. Responsible for preparation of training manual for analyst.
9. Training & evaluation of the same to Employee for on job training on SOPs and Quality Management System, GLPs, ISO, Who Standards For Baroda location.
10. Responsible for evaluation and approval of chemist (after training by QC manager) for all location for new recruits.
11. Responsible for preparing the Protocol require for all related documents.
12. Responsible for getting done Qualification and management of stability chambers.
13. Responsible for Stability studies (retrospective and prospective) of product manufactured at R & D lab and proper documentation thereof.
14. Responsible new analytical method, validation/verification.
15. Propose New Quality systems to Improve the Quality parameters and overall improvements in the analytical methods.
16. Responsible for confidentiality of information, control, storage and retrieval of documents and samples, for maintaining Master document file.
17. Developing and validating test methods used in cleaning validation exercises.
18. Supporting on all analytical activities and participating in self-inspections and regulatory inspection.
01. To Contributing in organizing Events like world Environment Day, National safety day, EHS Activities
02. To Co-Ordinate in internal audits of EMS & OHSAS
03. To Maintain Audit documents and ensuring effective implementation of audit recommendation.
04. To prepare & implement Risk and Environmental assessment.
05. Read & understand Safety Manuals
06. To train & Aware about company emergency System, Chemical Handling
07. To monitor wastage's attributable to plant handling and processing and initiate measure to minimize them.
08. Co-ordinate /preparation of HIRA/AI, OCPs, SOPs, WIs pertaining to QC department.
09. Communicate and participant all employees for preparation Aspect Impact & HIRA register.
10. Responsible for safety of your employees and safe working environment, minimizing waste, for minimizing of effluent. Keep track of generation of effluent, preparation and implementation of international standard certification,
Reports to be submitted.
01. R & D activities planning report- daily morning
02. R & D activities evaluation report - daily evening
03. Weekly project status report
04. R &D Experiment Excel report- weekly
05. Breakage and breakdown report of glassware and equipment- weekly
06. Available Inventory report- Monthly
07. Project timeline review report
08. Stability report- monthly/quarterly
09. Technology transfer report- as per development
10. Product development report- as per development
11. Monthly Report consist of Method development, Validation, No of sample analyzed, OT hours, Equipment down time, Calibration, Colum. Report, Inventory, trouble shooting etc.
12. New analytical method development report- weekly
13. Stability studies report-monthly
14. If any abnormality occurs report immediately
15. New documents created report- monthly
16. Monthly planning report.
17. Process optimization report-monthly
Key Result Areas:
01. At least 10 completely new product and other 5 are similar or existing process improvement in one year.
02. Zero accident in your monitoring/control areas.
03. Zero deviation in Following GLP, WHO guidelines.
04. Zero NC in Internal Audit.
05. No deviation in schedule of Preparation of product files(analytical)
06. No deviation in schedule of Stability studies for various products;
07. 100% development of analytical methods as required by R &D
08. Revalidation of at least 12 existing product - yearly
09. Two innovative ideas to improve department efficiency/effectiveness
10. No information Hiding incident should be there
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer
Qualifications: M.Sc-organic Chemistry, Ph. D - Ph.D. in organic chemistry is Must. Ph. D from reputed institutes like NCL, IICT, UDCT, TFIR etc will be preferred.
Experience: Minimum 20 years of experience in which 5 years at R & D head position in any organic chemical manufacturing unit.
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Good knowledge/experience of analytical instrumentation (specifically HPLC, GC, GCHS,IC, ICPOES,IR, NMR) and qualification procedures.
- A profound knowledge of Organic Chemistry
- Credible and confident communicator (written & verbal) at all levels.
- Ability to achieve and maintain high standards with meticulous attention to detail.
- First class planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment, adhering to strict Deadlines/timescales.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Self-starter who can - hit the ground running- .
- Good team player.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Hands-on approach, with a - can-do- attitude.
- Committed to learning and development.
- Experience working with organic chemical manufacturing is must
- An intense curiosity and strong desire to innovate in chemical field
- Strong logical mind
- Proven experience as R & D Head with good supervisory and teamwork skills in challenging environment
- Should have supervised team of more than 20
- Positive and Result oriented attitude
- A strong grasp of standards and requirements in organic chemical industries
- Learning attitude
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude