Recruitment Team at CDK Global
Views:1236 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
CDK Global - Engineering Manager - Java (12-13 yrs)
The Engineering Manager will lead the Product development for various products/features in CDK International. Lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing the DMS and next-gen products in CDK International business. Participate in the development lifecycle with a focus on developing new features and functionalities for large-scale enterprise software solutions, encompassing service layers, integration, user interfaces and data.
- Work closely with Product Managers to define strategies for product capabilities, business applications and processes at CDK.
- Work with Business and Engineering leadership throughout the planning process and the prioritization of strategic and tactical issues. Participate in the process to prioritize and scope future product capabilities and initiatives.
- Defines engineering standards, metrics and recommend tools to measure it.
- Assess new issues and take ownership of establishing protocol for problem resolution
- Hire bright talent and plans resource needs and allocations to support products, initiatives, and support.
- Ensures service levels are understood and met.
- Applies problem-solving skills to provide customer support to resolve escalations
- Proactively engages other leaders in cross-functional efforts. Openly share plans and strives to prevent surprises for other organizations.
- Foster open communication within and between teams. Communicate effectively with engineering leadership. Keep leaders apprised of any issues or concerns. Take a 'no surprises' approach to communication within the department and with the business.
- Set uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Propose product enhancements and the adoption of new features, including new technologies
- Previous experience working in product development organization is a plus
- 12 - 15 years of experience leading teams, with demonstrated ability in providing managerial leadership to a product- based, team-centric organization
- Experience with frameworks and technologies; Examples: MVC, Visual Studio, C/C++/.NET,JSON, AJAX, SSL, SOAP/REST tools
- Familiarity with cloud computing and Dev Ops
- Experience with webpage loading techniques and integrating UI code with server side platforms
- Comfortable working with senior management, technical leaders, quality assurance engineers and software developers. Ability to interact with business executives in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and empower others.
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable systems. Strong knowledge of industry standards and techniques in development and testing.
- Familiarity with a variety of SDLC methodologies (i.e. RUP, XP, Scrum, Lean, etc.)
- Proven record of process analysis and continuous improvement.
- Experience with object-oriented and service-oriented systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence technical discussions and decisions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university