Recruiting Manager at Caterpillar
Views:531 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Caterpillar - Factory Manager (18-22 yrs)
As a Factory Manager at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for the operation and management of a building or product area. You will provide leadership for direct operations and manufacturing engineering necessary to manufacture and ship prime products and/or components on time, at the right variable cost and at the right quality level to customers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to :
- Manage highest level of safety and ergonomics in all production related activity
- Maintain and improve manufacturing processes to achieved zero defect in all production related operation.
- Six sigma black belt will be added advantage.
- Hand on experience in engine manufacturing process at 5 years.
- Manage factory operations that may involving any or all of the following manufacturing, assembly, machining, maintenance, packaging, painting, testing, tooling, scheduling, manufacturing engineering, quality, packaging, warehousing, shipping and receiving
- Develop operational strategies and execution plans to reduce inventories, reduce variable cost, improve availability, improve quality and improve employee satisfaction and performance
- Ensure maximum utilization of critical assets and effective operation to meet production schedules
- Provide guidance for future manufacturing technology implementation
- Strong involvement in the S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process to make sure the plant can meet its commitments
- Various corporate initiatives
- College/University degree in Engineering or equivalent experience ( BE mech/ Production)
- 18 to 22 years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Engineering and/or manufacturing background
- Knowledge of shop operations and maintenance procedures
- Must complete the CPS Operations/Facility Manager functional curriculum
- Good human relation skills
Desired Qualifications :
- Familiar with CPS process and tools, company manufacturing facilities, processes, equipment, and processes.