TA - Leadership Hiring at Caterpillar Inc
Views:1678 Applications:261 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Caterpillar - Business Support Manager (10-15 yrs)
Job role : Business Support Manager
Exp : 10 +
Salary not disclosed, depends on the experience and skills
Location - COUNTRY CITY, NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA
Business Support Manager
This position is responsible for the Resource Industries segment sales and services financial accounting and reporting, business analysis and decision support functions within Resource Industries Sales, Services, and Technology - Regional Asia Pacific (APD). This role is also responsible for ensuring financial reporting integrity including compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, optimization of short and long-term value creation and profitability, a strong control environment and the achievement of other financial and non-financial objectives.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Primary business partner and trusted adviser supporting the Go to Market team - RISST APD
- Drives partnership with leadership team to gain appropriate alignment and understanding of key requirements/outcomes to drive positive profitable growth in the region.
- Strategic thought partner to the business within RISST for APD region - provide business insights and support for the Resource Industries Go-to-Market (Commercial) organizations, including pricing, sales variance and variable margin analysis and support/proposal profitability analysis.
- Responsible for regional monthly reporting, forecasting and decision support including, but not limited to:
- Regional financial results & forecast.
- Guide the Resource Industries annual business plan, quarterly forecasts and early warnings, long term forecast, and volume flexibility planning
- Support of quarterly release materials
- Commercial support, including pricing and sales variance strategy, deal support and recommendation. Analysis to drive business insights, presentation of management results to leadership
- Full understanding and ownership of regional results, and impact to P&L, Cash flow and Balance sheet.
- Responsible for incurred expenses management including marketing spend, SG&A, T&E and etc.
- Responsible for investment analysis.
- Ensure proper trade-offs and focus on Return on Investments are driven in accordance with maximum total outcome for the enterprise.
- Analyze and critique information for conformance with US and local GAAP, corporate guidelines and reasonability levels
- Business Risk Management governance process.
- Lead, influence and interact with a global and diverse team. Responsible for talent development, succession planning, performance management and target setting
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- A Degree preferably in Accounting/Business
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner across peers and leadership
- A strong background in Accounting or Finance; including financial accounting, reporting and analysis, commercial support, and budget development.
- Demonstrates the following leadership attributes: Good business skills and judgement; Courage and emotional intelligence; Intellectual curiosity; The ability to create the vision and lead change; Set challenging targets and prioritize to achieve results; Development of the best talent.
- Ability to take an Enterprise point of view and lead with our Values in Action
- Rigorous attention to details and excellent communication skills
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Knowledge of how a corporate environment operates, including products, services, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Caterpillar organization, its products, policies and procedures is also desired.
- Credentialed expertise (CPA or CMA) and solid practical experience involving technical accounting and reporting issues