Founder & CEO at The Hiring Story
Views:23461 Applications:2567 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Category Manager - Travel Domain - eCommerce - IIT/IIM/BITS (3-6 yrs)
We are looking for dynamic, open minded self-starters who enjoy Business Leadership roles and would like to build a Category in an extremely fast growing e-commerce company impacting millions of Indians.
About the Role
- Category Creation: Identifying use cases, travel products, and business model that fit in the social selling ecosystem.
- Business Development: Partnering with relevant businesses in the travel ecosystem for propeling category initiation and scale.
- Selection: Responsible for merchandising, assortment planning, option plans pre-season as well as in season to ensure that the Category is well represented.
- Trend Spotting: Should be able to identify broader trends and fill category gaps.
- Cross Functional Capabilities: Should be able to fruitfully coordinate with marketing, supply chain, cataloging, finance / commercial and other functions of the organization.
- PnL: Owning P&L for the travel category in alignment with business goals. The Category manager would be responsible for the revenue targets as well as the gross margins.
- Marketing promotions: Should drive visibility plans, promotion plans and coordinate the same between the internal marketing teams and that of the sellers.
What we look for
- Graduate/PostGraduate from a Tier-1 College (IIT/IIM/BITS)
- 3+ yrs of work experience in travel commerce domain
- Startup Cultural Fit: willingness to learn, to innovate, to take initiative, to think beyond conventional dogma, ability to work in a flat organisation
- Strong analytical aptitude in problem solving
- Should be good at multitasking, critical thinking, and comfortable with tactical execution
- Proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problems