Recruiter - Non IT at Skyleaf Consultants LLP
Views:1022 Applications:370 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Category Manager - Retail/Beauty Segment (5-8 yrs)
Job Title: Category Manager
Department: Merchandising/Category Management
Reports To: Director of Category Management
The Retail Category Manager is responsible for managing and optimizing a specific product category or set of related categories to drive sales, improve profitability, and enhance the customer shopping experience. This role involves analyzing market trends, competitor activities, and consumer behavior to develop and implement category strategies.
Category Strategy Development:
- Develop and execute category strategies aligned with overall business objectives.
- Identify growth opportunities and recommend assortment, pricing, and promotion strategies.
- Select and manage the assortment of products within the category.
- Work closely with vendors to negotiate terms, pricing, and product selection.
- Set and adjust pricing for products in the category to maximize profitability.
- Monitor competitors' pricing and adjust pricing strategies accordingly.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels by forecasting demand and collaborating with inventory and supply chain teams.
Promotions and Marketing:
- Plan and execute promotional activities, including discounts, promotions, and advertising.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling marketing campaigns for the category.
- Analyze sales data, market trends, and customer insights to make informed decisions.
- Utilize tools and software for data-driven category management.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and negotiate favorable terms.
- Evaluate vendor performance and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure that the category delivers a superior shopping experience, including product availability and quality.
- Monitor and report on the financial performance of the category.
- Manage the category budget and ensure cost-effective operations.
- Ensure that the category complies with all relevant regulations and safety standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Merchandising, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience in retail category management or merchandising.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis tools.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of the retail industry and market trends.
- Proficiency in using retail management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.