Category Manager - Logistics Firm (3-6 yrs)
Company Overview (www.porter.in)
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last-mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest-growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a
growth rate exceeding 30% CAGR. Porter is the fastest-growing leader in this sector with operations in 8 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 40k driver-partners and a customer base nearing a million. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 25 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, and Mahindra Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We- re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of last-mile logistics including warehousing and LTL transportation. Our team has built products at Amazon, Apple, Rocket Fuel, Walmart Labs, and ETH Zurich among others. At Porter, we- re here to do the best work of our lives. If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast-paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Opportunity Identification: Identify the categories to expand in & prioritize the same!
2. Build Supply: Develop supply initiatives in terms of supply marketing, supply acquisition, and retention, and coordinate with relevant stakeholders in order to build supply
3. Launch Category: Manage & own all aspects of marketing for the category including GTM strategy, positioning, messaging, pricing, competitive research, internal communications, and field enablement
4. Manage Category: Define strategic growth plan for the categories along with end-to-end management of the same. Responsible for marketing, fulfillment, monitoring, and reporting on the performance and growth of the category on a regular basis
5. Continuously evolve the category by developing deep insights about the market & understanding customer expectations
6. Manage growth, revenue, and P&L for the category.
Expectation from Candidate:
1. Must have clear thinking and business rationale for new features & services to bring customers ease-of-use while driving operational excellence in execution.
2. An entrepreneurial drive to open up new opportunities of growth backed by strong execution rigor to follow it up. The person should be comfortable with the idea- pilot - measure - scale loop!
3. Willingness to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty and get things done!
4. Should be comfortable with traveling.
1. Growth Orientation
2. Planning & forecasting
3. Excellent stakeholder management
4. Strategic thinking
5. Data Orientation
6. Problem Solving