Associate consultant at Careernet
Views:185 Applications:63 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Category Manager - Internet/Online (5-8 yrs)
About Mensa :
We build global digital brands from India by partnering with the right entrepreneurs, investing into the business and bringing our expertise to scale the brand. We are team of passionate digital-first professionals who bring hands-on experience and requisite domain knowledge with a proven ability to scale businesses selling on e-commerce platforms. We truly believe and live by our value of Caring Meritocracy and are looking to hire people who are curious, agile and who thrive in collaborative, hustle and emerge working environment.
Category Manager job description :
At Mensa We are looking for a Category Manager to join our team! As a Category Manager at our company, you will be responsible for managing an assigned group of Companies.
- You will be the one responsible for pricing, branding and promotion of that Category with the goal to optimize sales.
- Building strong relationships with all the vendors is extremely important for this role. Relationships with vendors, commercial mindset as well as understanding consumers' wants and needs and will also be part of your duties.
Category Manager duties and responsibilities :
- Research and analyze data and market insights
- Search for insights into consumer needs and wants
- Plan and implement long-term development strategies for product categories
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors
- Ensure product availability
- Strategize positioning of a product category in order to maximize its visibility
- Collaborate with the marketing team
- Research competitors and suggest appropriate pricing and promotional activities
- Work with customers and merchandisers and find new ways of expanding product categories
- Calculate forecasts for product demand trends
Category Manager requirements :
- Previous working experience as category manager for 5 years
- Expertise in category management
- In-depth knowledge of marketing and sales operations and processes
- Hands on experience with analyzing big data and making forecasts
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- MBA marketing or similar relevant field
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.