Category Manager - Food (2-6 yrs)
About our client:
Our client is a B2B trade platform for small & medium businesses in India. It brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and manufacturers in India on to a single platform.
Their portfolio spans across Lifestyle, FMCG/Food and Electronics. Lifestyle is a key category doubling every 3-4 months. We are looking for individuals excited to be a part of this journey.
Business Development is core to growing business via Sellers. This team is responsible for the business growth of our company and our seller partners. The team drives product adoption and evolution to ensure Udaan becomes relevant and the obvious choice for trade to all businesses in that category.
- Responsible to drive Top line and Bottom line in alignment with the company strategy and for respective category
- Assortment planning through Market visits by understanding buyer insights, seasonality changes, brand and competition strategies
- Finalizing right mix of supplier/distributors to meet geographical sales demand with periodical review on brand performance and driving vendor relation
- Developing joint plans with suppliers to ensure appropriate investment budget for enhancing category growth and the return on investment for mutual benefits
- Plan and design the launch of new product line. Monitor and evaluate success of launches
- Develop quarterly marketing calendar & manage various activations for category development like promoter's activity, sampling, mega displays, flyers, and newspaper ads, various seasonal and festive events in line with same
- Assessing business performance by maintaining tracker to analyze GMV, sales achievement for events, promotions and product launches
- End to end ownership of sellers- business ensuring good fill rates, in-stock rates, vendor reconciliations, customer escalations and other operational issues
- Drive category growth through innovation and new initiatives
What we are looking for
- A degree in engineering, economics or similar field with MBA in General Management from Tier1 institutes
- 2 - 6 years of experience in Business Development, Category management or Key Account Management
- A demonstrated record of leading team, hiring talent, team development
- Excellent data analysis, data interpretation and first party problem solving approach
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment and a generalist do-what- it takes mind-set
- A demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and continuous process improvement mind-set
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You are innovative, extremely creative, analytical and constantly challenging the status quo
- Graceful. You are self-aware, well-spoken and humble.
- You are fun to work with and excited about building something awesome for SMB's in India