Senior Consultant at Armour Corporate Services
Views:1046 Applications:617 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:62
Category Manager - Food/Health/Personal Care (8-12 yrs)
Category Manager - FMCG
Job Purpose : This position is responsible for maintaining relationships with vendors and managing product range. The category manager also is responsible for the overall promotion of a product category.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends.
- Develop the customer vision for responsible categories, particularly the lead channel customers.
- Develop and present a rationale for initiatives whilst working with sales and marketing teams.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories.
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products.
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services.
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility.
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category.
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories.
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory.
- Assume responsibility for budget development and revenue for the category.
Skills and Competencies :
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing, and sales principles.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Enterprising team-player with the ability to manage group workflow.