Managing Partner at Megma Services
Views:396 Applications:117 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Category Manager - eCommerce (5-8 yrs)
Leading Singapore based Fintech set up requires Category Manager-(E commerce )- Delhi
One of our client s leading Fintech company which is a 100% subsidiary of a Singapore based company working in Digital Payments, Instant Rewards and Gift Vouchers space. It is the largest enabler and aggregator of Digital Gift Vouchers / Gift Cards / Micro mini payments for 125 + brands like Levis, Flipkart, Marks and Spencer, Dominos etc. The clientele spreads across 200 + clients across verticals like BFSI, Loyalty, Retail, E-com like HDFC Bank, Amazon, SBI, Axis Bank, Payback, Paytm, Colgate, Asian Paints, Dell, Havells etc to name a few.
We are looking for Category Manager ( E commerce) for our client office in south delhi
1) Client - Singapore based fintech company
2) Role- Category Manager- E commerce
3) Experience-5- 8 years of relevant experience
4) Location- South delhi
5) Joining - 15 -20 days
Good communication skills
4) Location- South Delhi
5) Joining - 15 days
PFB THE JD
The client is a 100% subsidiary of a Singapore based company working in Digital Payments, Instant Rewards and Gift Vouchers space. It is the largest enabler and aggregator of Digital Gift Vouchers / Gift Cards / Micro mini payments for 125 + brands like Levis, Flipkart, Marks and Spencer, Dominos etc. The clientele spreads across 200 + clients across verticals like BFSI, Loyalty, Retail, E-com like HDFC Bank, Amazon, SBI, Axis Bank, Payback, Paytm, Colgate, Asian Paints, Dell, Havells etc. to name a few.The client is the market leader owning 60% of the market share as per numbers with a footprint covering 90% space. The company has grown more than 150% on year-on-year basis for last 3 years.
THE JD IS AS FOLLOWS
- Reporting to the VP eCommerce & Digital Marketing, the eCommerce Manager should have strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of ecommerce product management.
- Through managing the overall web process, this individual will own and execute the product assortment strategy needed to maximize sales, customer acquisition and retention.
- We are looking for a Category Manager to manage a group or category of products for our company. You will be the one responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximize consumer appeal. Relationships with vendors and product range management will also be part of your duties.
An excellent category manager must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment. They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Exceptional communication skills are also key for category managers.
The goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
- Proven experience as category manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Analyze online catalog and develop projects to optimize product listings.
- Establish standard practices for content quality and collaboratively implement those policies.
- Calculate and report ROI of all marketing campaigns managed in the eCommerce space.
- Review point of sale data with category manager to monitor and address sales trends.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Product teams to develop launch strategies and roll out new product listings online.
- Create and rollout promotional strategies in alignment with customer and consumer trends.
- Conduct post-promotion investigation and provide data on the marketing impact to the assigned product categories.
- Work alongside sales management and product management teams to translate customer point of sale data into strategies which drive performance.
- Conduct daily reviews of top-selling items to ensure that data integrity is maintained.
- Review customer suggested account changes and make recommendations to sales manager on how to drive sales growth.
- Collaborate with customers to participate in marketing events that deliver an ROI for the company.
- Attend events related to the eCommerce channel to stay abreast of the ever-changing marketplace.
- Analyze market trends to recommend new strategies for increased sales.
- Help assist with other eCommerce customers as needed.
Category Manager responsibilities include:
- Analyzing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devising long-term development strategies for product categories
- Developing exit strategies for unsuccessful products
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.