Category Management Role - Startup - IIT/NIT/BITS (3-7 yrs)
Category New Initiatives
About the Company:
It is a Y Combinator S16 and series C funded startup. It is India's Largest Reseller Platform, poised to be the next big e-commerce distribution channel. The company provides an online platform, as well as sourcing, logistics and payments tools, to help - social sellers- launch, build and promote online businesses using WhatsApp, Facebook, and other social media channels. The company has enabled 10,00,000+ social sellers in 500+ towns across India to start and grow their businesses with zero capital cost. Together, the small businesses on the company's platform reach to over four million consumers and have sold over 10,00,000 products.
- Drive marketplace growth of the relevant category in accordance with consumer and competition.
- Own P&L for the relevant category in alignment with business goals and be responsible for the revenue targets as well as the gross margins
- Responsible for merchandising, assortment planning, option plans pre-season as well as in season to ensure that the category is well represented
- Identify broader trends and fill category gaps
- Coordinate with marketing, supply chain, cataloging, finance/commercial and other functions of the organization.
- Supervise and monitor operations such as merchandising operations. Inbound planning, cataloging monitoring & discount monitoring etc
- Drive visibility plans, promotion plans and coordinate the same between the internal marketing teams and that of the sellers
Apply If :
- You are a graduate from a premium engineering college
- You have 3+ years of work experience in growth, expansion or any strategic roles
- You have the willingness to learn, to innovate and to take initiative
- You think beyond conventional dogma and are able to work in a flat organisation
- You have strong critical thinking,analytical and problem solving ability
- You are good at multitasking, critical thinking, and tactical execution
- You have a proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problems