Senior Delivery Leader at Transearch India
Views:1172 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:50
Category Lead/General Manager - Marketing - FMCG - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (10-20 yrs)
Organisation - A leading FMCG organization
Important (Please read carefully before applying for the position)
1. Role is based in Ahmedabad. If you not open to relocation / based in Ahmedabad - Please don't apply for the role
2. We require 10 15 years of relevant experience required post-graduation, with at least 6 - 8 years of brand management in FMCG industry. In case you don't meet the requirement , Please don't apply for the role
- The General Manager Marketing is responsible to conceptualize and execute plans in order to deliver the short term and long-term business objectives (namely sales, market share, profitability and brand health) of the relevant brand / group of brands.
- The incumbent is required to perform a range of activities, namely, developing and maintaining a healthy new product pipeline, overseeing product development and design, launching new products, leading market research, advertising development, influencing pricing strategies, driving and monitoring sales performance.
- The role calls for a thorough understanding of consumers and customers, in-depth knowledge of brand history, product, packaging, manufacturing and product costs, an in-depth knowledge of core marketing principles and processes, strong financial acumen, executional rigour and the ability to deliver through extended teams.
1. Primary responsibility for achieving long term and short term business objectives of Brand
2. Monitor, analyze, and evaluate market trends, consumer / customer behavior, and competitor activity to identify new opportunities for the brands
3. Understand market research needs for the brands and develop / execute a market research road map. Ensure market research done is utilized meaningfully to achieve business objectives
4. Develop and ensure the execution of brand plans (includes communication development) to deliver the short term and long term business objectives (namely sales, market share, profitability and brand health) of the relevant group of brands.
5. Monitor and influence demand forecasting; monitor sales and other brand metrics and adapt plans as required
6. Develop and execute a healthy new product pipeline. This would include following the stage and gate process to launch new products as per plans.
7. Effectively manage external interfaces (advertising agencies, media agencies, PR agencies and market research agencies) and internal interfaces (R&D, manufacturing, SCM, market research, sales), and lead cross functional teams to deliver on brand objectives
8. Monitor and ensure brand profitability
9. Ensure that the marketing support budgets are effectively utilized and appropriately accounted for
Qualifications & Experience:
1. MBA in Marketing from Top B School
2. 10 - 15 years of relevant experience required post-graduation, with at least 6 - 8 years of brand management in FMCG industry
3. Thorough understanding of consumers and customers, in-depth knowledge of brand history, product, packaging, manufacturing and product costs, in-depth knowledge of core marketing principles and processes, financial acumen, executional rigour, delivering through extended teams, appreciation of relevant laws, regulations and policies
4. Strong leadership skills, analytical / conceptual skills, inter-personal skills, networking skills, influencing skills, communication skills, creativity