COO & Head Talent Acquisition at Foresight Management Consultants
Views:938 Applications:268 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Category Head - Retail (15-20 yrs)
Category Head Value fashion
Category Size: 450 Cr
No. Of stores: 100+
Being an idea-driven firm with customer-centricity at the core of operations, we use Big Data to analyse buying habits and trends. The dynamic backend system analyses the CRM data fetched through the POS systems to comprehend customer buying behaviour to reduce eccentricity in the supply chain process.
Key Responsibility Area / Job Description :
- Analyzing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devising long-term development strategies for product categories
- Developing exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- You will be responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximize consumer appeal. Relationships with vendors and product range management will also be part of your duties.
- An excellent category manager must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment.
- They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Exceptional communication skills are also key for category managers.
- The goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands - Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
- Proven experience as category manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent communication and people skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.