Category Head - Fans Segment - Consumer Durables Business (10-20 yrs)
Industry - Consumer Durables
Category - Sales & Marketing
Skills - Category Management, P&L, Brand Management, NPD, Product Planning, Product Development, Consumer Durables, Consumer Electronics, Gross Margin, Topline, Bottomline
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - The role involves driving growth in product category - both topline and bottom-line. This is to be delivered through consistent growth in market share.
Our client is a market leader in the consumer business recognised among the most valuable brands in their domain of business. They have aggressive growth plans for India which will be catalysed by their Category function which looks to further the penetration of the product lines across the country and strengthen their hold as the number one player within their line of business. They are looking for a Category Head for their largest revenue contributing category, based out of Mumbai.
- Plan yearly budget in alignment with the business plans and constantly monitor Product Decisions, Pricing Policy, Channel Mix, Sales Plan, Marketing Plan to improve Gross Margin levels
- Align with the key stakeholders to ensure that the projected Gross Margins are achieved
- Analyse and update all concerned data regarding all the key variables that impact Gross Margin
- Provider leadership and direct product planning along with devising and planing product strategies to ensure growth on the top line and bottom line, and spread is achieved
- Review on key performance parameters to ensure effective delivery on business requirements
- Track the activities of the team through various reports and analysis and provide immediate feedback to the team on areas requiring focus
- Develop a renovation plan / road map for product portfolio.
- Continuously benchmark portfolio with competition & ensure lead in differentiated products
- Develop Market intelligence
- Liaison with Service & Quality team to review the improvements in product quality and identify opportunities to improve service to end consumers
- Liaison with R&D centre for NPD
- Work closely with SCM team for forecasting & inventory planning
- Provide support to the sales team with solutions to facilitate sales
- Collaborate with branding team for ATL and BTL activities
- Define Product Roadmap and deliver throughput improvement
- 10-15 years of marketing/product management experience preferably in Consumer Durable coupled with early experience in Sales will be an added advantage. MBA from premium institutes will be great to have.
- Core skill sets will include Product Planning & Development, P&L Management and driving Market Intelligence. These will be supplemented with Brand Management expertise.\
- The role will involve some travel.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to establishing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders is key. The person must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as he/she will be working across multiple functions.
- Ability to work strategically, leveraging well-developed commercial acumen to achieve outcomes is crucial.
A chance to work with an iconic consumer brand that offers great growth prospects and high levels of autonomy.
Contact - Swapnil Khetan - +91 (0) 22 4236 3332
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.