Catastrophe Modeling Role - Broker Firm (1-5 yrs)
Opening for Cat Modelling role Leading broker company based in Mumbai
- Catastrophe Modelers quantify catastrophe loss potential of risk exposures carried by different entities, especially Insurers.
- The incumbent will be responsible for independently modeling insurance exposures for mid- sized/light complex insurance books having moderately complex insurance and/or reinsurance terms using leading catastrophe models like RMS RiskLink, AIR Touchstone, CoreLogic RQE as well as proprietary WTW models.
- This includes independently preparing the data for analysis, data scrubbing as well as data mining, generating probabilistic loss estimates using catastrophe models as well as creating and visualizing exposure and loss summaries.
- Independent thinking and supervised loss investigation, agility with researching systems and resources under basic guidance from seniors/lead analysts are crucial requirements for this role. It also includes coordinating with the onshore Lead analyst in order to ensure modeling and client satisfaction goals are met.
- Initiative taking is a very critical expectation at this level and the candidate is expected to feel comfortable with taking initiatives to add value to the modeling process, train/mentor junior analysts as and when needed, perform SPOE reviews whenever requested and also upskill themselves on complex catastrophe modeling concepts and upcoming technologies.
- The candidate is expected to work on projects that include dynamic deliverables with shifting timelines, involving multiple stakeholders. The models and technology are also continuously evolving. As such, the candidate should display great alacrity and agility and should be an excellent team player who can adapt to changing circumstances and the dynamic nature of demands/challenges.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Model input preparation - Includes data preparation as well as data scrubbing using SQL/Excel.
- Analyzing the exposures - Includes geocoding the exposures, implementing modeling assumptions accurately in the modeling process, ensuring correct model and peril settings, etc. in order to quantify insurers' catastrophe loss potential.
- Generating reports - Includes using internal tools like iFM, Work Flow Manager for creating exposure as well as loss summary reports, visualizing various statistics by creating maps using Spatial Key, ArcGIS, etc.
- Running proprietary models - Running customized peril analysis using WTW proprietary models.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.