Senior Manager at Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Private Limited
Views:2104 Applications:367 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:305
Caspian Impact Investments - Senior Associate - Investments - Startups & SME/FI Sector (3-7 yrs)
Senior Associate - Investments Start-ups and SME OR FI (2 positions)
Job Purpose/ Description:
The Senior Associate - Investments is responsible for originating new business across our focus sectors within start-ups and SME OR FI space, building solid relationships in the impact business and fast-growing entrepreneur community, overseeing deal execution, and working towards strengthening the Caspian Debt brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect and source Debt proposals for Caspian debt through professional networking and fieldwork.
- Develop a suitable pipeline for Caspian debt target sectors by developing a pipeline development plan for specific sectors.
- Develop industry relations with PE/VC funds, banks, financial institutions, and Industry associations.
Transaction Execution & Relationship Management:
- Analysis of the potential investee company's operations and financials to determine suitability for Caspian Debt
- Manage and conduct end-to-end loan process from due diligence, risk analysis, preparation of credit notes and presentation to a credit committee, structuring of debt transactions, negotiations with clients, and ensuring timely turnaround.
- Establish and maintain portfolio company relationships and take remedial measures in case of stresses in the portfolio.
- Identify opportunities to support investee companies through knowledge sharing and connecting to relevant ecosystems.
- Ongoing knowledge building in the target Sectors to help identify emerging avenues of investment. Conduct research and analysis of the sector, market, and regulatory environment as required to support knowledge building.
Qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
Post Graduate Degree, (Finance is desirable),
- 3+ years of experience in lending and/or investing in high-growth businesses.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with entrepreneurs and other stakeholders who support the entrepreneurial ecosystem like venture capital/private equity investors, industry associations, sector experts, etc.
- Strong experience in structuring debt transactions for corporate SME OR FI clients or high-growth impact enterprises.
- Deep understanding of issues of importance amongst social and environmental impact business and investor ecosystem.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Inspire people.
- Ability to conduct secondary and primary research on market and success factors for businesses.
- Excellent skills with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Integrity, reliability, and independence
- Accuracy, precision, and attention to detail
- Skilled in expressing ideas clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Good personal discipline and planning
- Confident in working to deadlines without constant detailed supervision.
- Ability to form good working relationships with the team.
Travel requirements - Moderate (5-8 days/month), anywhere in India.
Direct reports - None