Senior Manager at Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Private Limited
Views:2227 Applications:319 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:294
Caspian Impact Investments - Associate/Senior Associate/Manager - Investments (2-7 yrs)
Associate/Sr. Associate/ Manager Investments (FI)
Job Purpose/ Description:
The Associate/Sr. Associate/ Manager - Investments is responsible for independently originating new business, building solid relationships in the impact business and fast-growing business entrepreneur community, overseeing deal execution, and working towards strengthening Caspian's brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent is responsible for building the debt portfolio, including business development, conducting due diligence, structuring & negotiating transactions, and managing relationships with investee companies.
- The position facilitates communication at all levels, balances resources to achieve objectives, and establishes accountability for results.
- Prospecting and sourcing Debt proposals for Caspian debt through professional networking and fieldwork.
- Preparation of presentations or marketing materials for use in client coverage, business development activities, conferences, etc.
- Develop a suitable pipeline for Caspian debt target sectors by developing a pipeline development plan for specific sectors with a significant focus on financial inclusion.
- Develop industry relations with PE/VC funds, banks, financial institutions, and Industry associations.
Transaction Execution & Relationship Management:
- Analysis of the potential investee company's operations and financials to determine suitability for Caspian Debt
- Manage and conduct end-to-end loan process from due diligence, risk analysis, preparation of credit notes and presentation to a credit committee, structuring of debt transactions, negotiations with clients, and ensuring timely turnaround.
- Establish and maintain portfolio company relationships and take remedial measures in case of stresses in the portfolio.
- Identify opportunities to support investee companies through knowledge sharing and connecting to relevant ecosystems.
- Ongoing knowledge building in the target Sectors to help identify emerging avenues of investment. Conduct research and analysis of the sector, market, and regulatory environment as required to support knowledge building.
- Senior professionals will have additional responsibilities of mentoring and training junior team members.
- Qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Post Graduate Degree or a relevant professional degree, (Finance is desirable),
- 2 -7 years of experience in lending and/or investing in high-growth businesses. At least 2 years for Investment Associate and at least 6 years for Investment Manager.
- Extensive experience in establishing and maintaining relationships in the financial institutions sector and with other stakeholders who support the entrepreneurial ecosystem like venture capital/private equity investors, industry associations, sector experts, etc.
- Strong experience in structuring debt transactions for NBFC/MFI/HFC clients or high-growth impact enterprises.
- Deep understanding of issues of importance amongst social and environmental impact business and investor ecosystem.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Ability to conduct secondary and primary research on market and success factors for businesses.
- Excellent skills with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Integrity, reliability, and independence
- Accuracy, precision, and attention to detail
- Skilled in expressing ideas clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Good personal discipline and planning
- Confident in working to deadlines without constant detailed supervision
- Ability to form good working relationships with the team
- Extensive, anywhere in India.
- Individual Contributor