Senior Manager at Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Private Limited
Views:498 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:38
Caspian Impact Investments - Associate/Senior Associate/Manager - Equity Investments (2-10 yrs)
Job Purpose / Description :
- He/ She will be responsible to support and or lead all functions of the investment network including deal analysis, presentations, reporting & other investment-related activities.
- He/ She will work with the management team to contribute to the firm-building activities including organizing events, establishing partnerships with academic/ institutional partners, and onboarding investors. The work location would be Assam and knowledge of Assamese is a must and exposure to Food & Agri Sector investments would be preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities :
The candidate will be responsible for the following functions :
- Develop and defend Investment Proposals in the Investment Committee
- Helping the Fund manager liaison with other stakeholders/LPs in effective management of the Fund
- Arrange TA facilities for the pipeline/portfolio companies with the cooperation of the TA provider.
- Responsible for supporting Investment Evaluation. Help prepare internal investment memos
- Build a financial model, conduct primary and secondary research on the sector and company, and conduct field visits, and interviews with experts to develop views on the company.
- Due Diligence: Work (with supervision) with external agencies for financial, commercial, legal, and any other external due diligence as may be required.
- Documentation: Work with lawyers and the investment team for proper and timely execution of agreements.
- Pipeline tracking: Track and report key pipeline metrics, and work with the investment team to develop a pipeline.
- Portfolio Monitoring & Reporting: Monitor and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of business growth of investee companies. Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting.
- Preparation of Exit Memos, discussion with potential acquirers, etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of Financial Modelling & valuation.
- Creating material that captures the essence of the funds that we manage/intend to launch in order to be shared with LPs
- Understanding the universe of LPs in India, their investment thesis, and alignment with Caspian strategies
- Maintaining relationships with existing LPs and building relationships with new LPs
- Keeping track of events and news in the sector including but not limited to conferences, conclaves, summits, capital raising developments in India
- Working with the investment team and sector specialists to build the investment thesis for future funds
- We are looking for a candidate with minimum 2+ years of experience in the fields of Private Equity/Venture Capital, BFSI, and consulting with a postgraduate degree (Preferred- Finance specialization). Exposure to Food & Agri. Sector investments are preferred
- Extensive experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with entrepreneurs and with other stakeholders who support the entrepreneurial ecosystem like venture capital/private equity investors, industry associations, sector experts, etc. Strong experience in structuring equity transactions for high-growth impact enterprises.
Considering the nature of the role: The candidate should be outgoing, willing to take initiative in reaching out to various industry stakeholders and interacting directly with them and be eager to fast-track their learning of the impact investing sector.
- Deep understanding of issues of importance amongst social and environmental impact business and investor ecosystem.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Ability to conduct secondary and primary research on market and success factors for businesses.
- Excellent skills with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Integrity, reliability, and independence
- Accuracy, precision, and attention to detail
- Skilled in expressing ideas clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Good personal discipline and planning
- Confident in working to deadlines without constant detailed supervision
- Ability to form good working relationships and mentor team members
Travel requirements :
The candidate should be willing to travel moderately.
We are pioneers of impact investing in India. Since our inception in 2004, we have launched 4 funds (3 equity and 1 debt) and have managed USD 180 Mn of assets across the sectors of financial inclusion, food & agriculture, clean technology, healthcare, and education. A summary of our funds are as follows:
- Bellwether (2004): The first venture capital fund for microfinance in India. The goal of this fund was to seed and develop the microfinance market in India at a time when there were less than five investible entities. Bellwether was the first external equity investor in many of today's market leaders like Ujjivan and Jana Small Finance Banks
- India Financial Inclusion Fund ('IFIF' - 2008): We launched IFIF with the mandate to catalyse the now seeded microfinance sector and to continue developing the broader sphere of financial inclusion. Via IFIF, we seeded the first pure-play affordable housing finance (AHF) company in India
- Caspian Debt (2013): With our debt fund, we became a pioneer for providing previously unavailable corporate debt to impact-focused enterprises in India. Investment amounts range from INR 10 - 200 Mn. The focus sectors of CII include food & agriculture, clean energy, healthcare, education, and inclusive finance. Since inception, we have disbursed over USD 170 Mn in loans to 116 impact-driven companies
- Caspian SME Impact Fund IV ('Fund IV'): Our latest fund is aimed at catalysing the development of the agricultural ecosystem in the country through Series A & B equity investments. We have made two investments from this fund so far
Focus on Impact: In addition to delivering healthy financial returns over the years, our core focus is impact. We have successfully balanced impact goals with financial returns. We are a certified B-Corp and in 2018 were amongst the Best for the World Honourees.
Partnerships: Historically we have had strong partnerships. These include active relationships with Triodos, CDC, FMO, NMI, Gray Ghost, responsAbility, USAID, RaboBank, and OPIC, amongst others.
THE CASPIAN CULTURE
Caspian promotes meritocracy and is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment to all members of our team. You will be an important part of our organization and will have a key role in our continuing success. Working as a team is critically important at Caspian. Our organization is lean and requires efficient solutions, unencumbered by excessive bureaucracy. As a result, we work together to find the most innovative answers, maintaining a very entrepreneurial environment.
We encourage you to visit our website at https://www.caspianequity.in/ for more information on the firm.