Senior Manager at Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Private Limited
Views:154 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Caspian Impact Investments - Associate - Legal Operations - LLB (2-3 yrs)
Associate - Legal Operations
Job Purpose/ Description : We are looking for an Analyst OR Associate - Legal to take ownership of legal processes at Caspian.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for drafting, vetting, negotiating, review and closing various types of agreements such as term sheet, share subscription agreement, shareholders agreement, employment agreement, loan agreements, NCD subscription agreements and other definitive agreements for equity and debt investments.
- Creating standard templates for equity and debt transactions. Provide document execution support, indexing, and record-keeping of the executed agreements.
- Reviewing all types of agreements that are required for various purposes and business verticals.
- Negotiate terms of contracts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake legal due diligence on clients and portfolio companies, including title search on immovable properties.
- Research, interpret, simplify, and assist the team members on day-to-day legal activities. Managing and advising upon contentious and non-contentious legal issues arising in the business from time to time
- Proactively track the regulatory changes and notifications issued by MCA, SEBI, and RBI.
- Manage statutory and contractual compliances, including compliances under the Companies Act, and the regulations framed by RBI and SEBI.
- Attend to court/arbitration cases and handle correspondence with external parties, law firms, advisors, lenders, and coordination of legal requests.
- Prepare MIS to keep management and Board informed of critical legal issues. Keep up to date records of all deliverables and documents
Qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position :
- Experience: A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in law firm. Experience in corporate and transaction advisory is mandatory.
- Education: Minimum LLB or equivalent
Specialized knowledge /Skills : General Corporate and M&A
- Highly team-oriented and results-driven
- Strong appetite for learning new things.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant law and best practices
- Clear written and spoken communication.
Travel requirements : Moderate
Direct reports : Individual Contributor