Cartesian Consulting - Associate - Client Delivery (1-3 yrs)
Role: Associate - Client Delivery
Education: B.E./B.Tech + MBA
Experience: 1-3 years
About Cartesian: We are Cartesian, a 12-year-old analytics firm. During this time, weve helped some of the largest brands across the globe unlock unprecedented value from their data.
We have now forayed into the SaaS world with our first product SOLUS. SOLUS is a System of Intelligence that powers the micro decisions that a brand needs to make to communicate to its customers in a relevant manner. These micro decisions include product recommendations, reasons to talk, words to use, and timing and channel selection at an individual customer level. SOLUS comes pre built with all the intelligence and expertise to enable this for brands within 4-6 weeks.
SOLUS was recently inducted into the 2021 cohort of the NASSCOM Deeptech Club. As a company we are obsessed about our people, our processes, our clients, and our commitment to their growth. We expect every single one of our people to display the greatest sense of ownership and pride in the work they do.
Were proud of what weve achieved, and our ambitions are far larger. Whats important for us is not just where we get to, but HOW we get there. Of course, we dont have all the answers, but our joy comes from the exploration, and thats the kind of team we are.
Lets start by telling you a few things that are critical to have, if you have to grow in Cartesian:
- Customer Focus: If youre thinking, Oh! I got this, think again. Let us explain. While we work with clients, we work forsolving their customers problems. We believe that client delight is fully linked to customer delight. Quite naturally, we look to enrich our teams with people who think of their clients and customers problems as their own
- Problem Solving mindset: Using a healthy balance of logic and intuition to create magic. You understand the value of asking questions and digging deep till youve exhausted all options. You appreciate that assumptions lead to incomplete or inaccurate outcomes. You are fearless because you know youve not taken the easy way out
- Agility and Quick Learning: We love people who try. We love people who fail fast then we know they are trying relentlessly. We love them even more if they are learning from it, and exploring newer and more creative methods to solve problems
- Results, always: We dont believe in molly-coddling. And so we hold you accountable for the thinking you bring in and the work you do. And that wont be possible if we dont provide the right environment to grow and nurture those capabilities. Which is why we equip before we expect.
Now lets get down to what your job at Cartesian will look like:
The best thing about working at Cartesian is the direct exposure you will have to not just clients, but also to very real everyday business problems. And not just exposure, you will participate in the solutioning, you will see your recommendations being implemented and you will be able to evaluate if they worked, how well, how far, etc.
To be able to play this role exceptionally well, here are the key things you will do at Cartesian.
- Develop a deep understanding of clients industry and business
- Work on developing solutions to maximize usage of analytics and decision sciences in any context (Lifetime value, Repeat, Retention, Cross Sell, Mix Modelling, Demand Forecasting etc)
- Understand client briefs across different industries (Retail, Telecom, Finance, Travel etc)
- Do exploratory analysis, data mining, report generation
- Interact with clients to understand if your work is comprehensible and actionable
- Hand-hold clients through that action
- Analyse campaigns, build ROI models
- Coordinate client projects and manage client expectations
- Influence and work with a team
Possessing these skills become key to your success:
- Proficiency with SQL
- Good exposure and application of R/Python
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Application of Advanced Data Analytics, Statistical techniques.
- Stakeholder management
We should also let you know we put a premium on a few personality traits:
- You are a person of your word. Nothing is more important than the commitment you make to yourself, your colleagues and your clients
- You believe in the concept of FPR (First Person Responsibility). It doesnt matter how young, inexperienced or new you are at Cartesian we believe everyone has a voice, and something substantial to contribute
- Youre not intimidated by hierarchy and experience, but also appreciate what you need to do to be able to earn a seat at the table
- Youre able to work on a diverse range of clients and assignments with seamless transition from one to the other
- A natural inclination towards winning, not whining