Cars24.com - Regional Manager - South - Operations (5-11 yrs)
Selling a car is outright painful. Right for the very first owner of a car in 1880s, to an owner today - selling a car has been a disastrous experience. So much for all the advancements that includes autonomous and flying cars!!
Why is the problem worth solving?
First, because you and I hate how we have to sell our car. So if we can fix it, we build a REAL big business. Good news is that given we (CARS24!) already buy around 10,000 cars every month, so we know how to fix it.
Second, this gives us - supply- leadership. No one has the kind of supply of used cars like we do. It makes us kind of an - OEM equivalent- in used cars. Wow! But why is this wow? Because if you have supply, you can also own demand, financing and so much more. But it all starts with supply. This is how we organize a market that has been fragmented forever.
Third, auto business is not just transactions but is also, lending/ financing, servicing, insurance, data services, and so much more. So if we own supply, we can own the auto ecosystem.
So what can we create ?
Nothing less than India's largest auto company. A company that helps car owners sell their car, buy another car, get loan, get insurance, get car repaired, and so much more.
India's largest auto company that could be worth so many tens of billions in a market that is $100bn addressable market today!
How do we do it ?
We are a tech company. This is not possible without tech. We cant organize supply or build future solutions without tech. However, operations/ execution is also very critical.
Where are we on this journey ?
We are in Phase 1 of building supply. So as you can see we are just getting started and there is so much to accomplish. That's why it's such an exciting journey ahead and we would love you to be part of it.
We are 3 years old. We already buy a massive 10,000 cars a month and growing 20%+ month on month. We pride not only in our talent but the fact that each of our 1500+ employees BELIEVE in what we do! As Elvis said, - Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine- If you love cars, you will get it. And if you get it, we would love to chat!
About the role:
- Handle the entire logistics and operations channel for north region, from planning to implementation.
- Responsible for vendor and inventory management.
- Identify and solve challenges within the logistics channel
- Be responsible for planning acquisition, allocation & strategic alliances with channel partners in the city within the allocated region.
- Achieve targeted regional growth at a rate and margin consistent with the company's business plan.
- Track sales/retail team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage direct reports.
- Implement performance plans according to company protocol.
We are looking for:
- Strong Project Management skills
- Detail oriented, output-driven and diligent individual Strong network of suppliers/contractors across regions to deliver projects in-time
- Proactive service delivery attitude willingness to stretch and do whatever is required with a hands on can do approach
- Highly passionate, motivated and dynamic individual willing to work in an independent high-growth environment
- Team Leader
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience