Cars24.com - Product Manager - IIT (1-5 yrs)
We are CARS24.
And as our name rightly suggests, we deal in everything related to pre-owned automobiles (car & bikes) and we do it 24/7.
Now, you might ask, in this sea of car re-sellers, what is it that makes us different? Well, CARS24 is more than your next-door car re-seller. It is a next-generation e-commerce platform with an edge. It is the satisfaction we provide our customers that lies at the heart of our business.
We take great pride in providing the best experience to all parties involved - with sellers getting the best value for their car, and buyers getting to choose from a wide assortment of automobiles.
For a company launched in just 2015, CARS24 has scaled rapidly. With a presence in 100 cities and counting, we are growing at more than a 100% rate, year on year. That's not all - CARS24 provides several other services that benefit our patrons, such as financing and warranty for its consumers.
Our success is spearheaded by innovation - the invention of a unique price discovery mechanism of used autos. It includes a state-of-the-art propriety inspection app, an innovative auction format that is first-of-its-kind in the world, and an all-powerful algorithm that matches supply and demand using millions of data points.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for building products & features meeting the technology needs of used car seller and buyers.
What you'll do :
- You will focus on user problems and define & drive a roadmap that breathes life into your product
- Deliver. You do more than talk - you put things on paper, get your hands dirty, talk to users and execute with precision with an iterative mindset to learn from your product releases
- Data is the most efficient form of feedback from users, you will leverage data insights merged with qualitative user feedback to prioritise right set of problems and build user-centric product features to test your hypothesis.
- Lead a cross-functional team/pod, partnering with engineering, design, analyst, data-science and other teams to ship products to your end-users
- Understand that - one size doesn- t fit all- and conceptualise solutions that are configurable and adaptable to the maximum extent possible
- Be in the details. Know your team's work in-depth - down to API names and contracts
- Define clear and well-scoped requirements and usability documents that are easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences
What you'll need :
- Relevant 1-5 years of experience working as a Product manager or Product analyst
- Preference for Graduates from IIT or equivalent premier institutes
- Independent and curious, you set your own targets, ask for help when you need it and are always looking to learn something new
- You are a self-starter, you love to understand systems inside out, and make it your mission to deliver quality products
- You are user and data-focussed problem solver
- Agile Approach : With a strong bias to execution, With an iterative approach to product development, You always focus on building and testing well-research hypothesis over silver bullet answers.
- Communication : Strong communication skills. You know how to build trust, set goals, and get things done.
- Data-Driven First : When making decisions you leverage technical resources and data to support hypotheses. You are skilled at SQL and understand basic statistics, but you also know when to step back from the rabbit hole of - 'too many metrics'.