Cars24.com - Manager/Senior Manager - Legal - LLB (5-12 yrs)
Selling a car is outright painful. Right for the very first owner of a car in the 1880s, to an owner today- selling a car has been a disastrous experience. So much for all the advancements that include autonomous and flying cars!! Why is the problem worth solving? First, because you and I hate how we have to sell our car. So if we can fix it, we build a REAL big business. Good news is that given we (CARS24!) already buy around 15,000 cars every month, so we know how to fix it.
Second, this gives us - a supply which is the leading factor in the used car market's equation and we have just started ruling the demand side of the equation by introducing a platform where people can buy a 100% verified used car from CARS24 at best price with no hassle for paperwork!
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Experience in automobile and NBFC sector preferable.
2. Responsible for all litigations by and against Cars 24 and its NBFC arm, including:
a) Arbitrations, criminal litigations, police investigations, recovery matters and customer disputes;
b) IPR litigations, domain name disputes;
c) Labor law disputes, recoveries from employees;
d) Recovery cases in NBFC and regular business;
3. Managing the litigation team;
4. Issuing legal notices; replying to legal notices received;
5. Strategizing litigations for various business issues;
6. Reviewing the applications, pleadings and written statements, and timely filing with the courts;
7. Coordination with external counsels and law firms;
8. Research on important ongoing issues and litigations in the automobile Industry;
9. Managing data repository of litigations & MIS.
What you need:
- 5 to 10 years of work experience, preferably in automobile or NBFC sector
- Law degree from a well-recognized university is a must.
- Excellent legal drafting skills (has experience in drafting and vetting of documents).
- Strong team handling skills- experience in handling a large multi-tiered team.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU?
- An opportunity to work with a firm in a high visibility role.
- Work in a fast-paced start up environment.
- Learn various new skills outside of your domains.