Cars24.com - Manager - HR Operations (4-10 yrs)
A rickety Ambassador or a shining new Porsche, a JK or a TN registration plate, an accidental car or one which wouldn- t start, none of it matters because we buy any car at the best price. We have a simple solution to the most complex problem that a car owner faces - selling his/ her car - and our solution is deeply rooted in technology which is why it works.
Execution is our game and we are killing it! At present, we trade a couple thousand cars every month, making us by far the most significant and largest player in the used car industry. Guess what? We are the fastest growing young business out of India in the last one and a half year - all of it while still being in stealth mode! With 140 branches across 28 major cities in India, we are scaling up rapidly and are on the road to profitability. If you want to work with a business that has the potential to be one of the largest tech companies to emerge out of India, talk to us. We are looking for talented individuals who are excited about working long term, in building a valuable business. We want folks who value building things from the ground up.
About the team
Our captains are Vikram Chopra (Wharton, IIT Bombay, Sequoia Capital, McKinsey) and Mehul Agrawal (BCG, IIM Calcutta, Forbes 2016 Asia 30-under-30, Forbes 2015 India 30-under-30). Both of them had earlier founded FabFurnish.com. The rest of our team are driven, passionate individuals who possess excellent credentials, and have come together at CARS24.com to do the most phenomenal work of their lives.
As folks at CARS24.com say,
- No one wants to tell their grandchildren that they missed out on this one.
About the role :
- Will be responsible for end to end payroll of around 600 employees through third party vendor(s)
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, compliance, deductions, taxes and third party payments)
- Responsible for statutory compliance (TDS, Gratuity, ESIC, PT, PF etc)
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies
- Partners with accounting/finance in maintaining the general ledger interface and producing management reports
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions of employees
- Manage Full and Final settlement of employees
- Responsible for handling the entire HR operations of third party payroll employees
- Assists leadership with salary administration issues
- Assist with monthly, year-end close and audit preparation
What are we looking for :
- Proficient in Advanced Excel & Spreadsheet and strong data analytics knowledge and management
- Problem solving attitude and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Clarity of Thought (Sequential/logical presentation in explaining a subject matter)
- Adaptability/Flexibility to change (New ideas/ new concepts)
- Creativity (Initiatives for change/ new ideas)
- Collaborative Relationship (Understanding of stakeholder needs/ expectation/ issues)
- Responsiveness/ energy & initiatives to resolve employee queries
- People oriented and results driven
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices