Cars24.com - Head - Growth & Planning - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (8-10 yrs)
About Cars24 :
- Selling a car is outright painful. Right for the very first owner of a car in the 1880s, to an owner today selling a car has been a disastrous experience.
- So much for all the advancements that include autonomous and flying cars!! Why is the problem worth solving? First, because you and I hate how we have to sell our car. So if we can fix it, we build a REAL big business. Good news is that given we (CARS24!) already buy around 15,000 cars every month, so we know how to fix it.
- Second, this gives us - a supply which is the leading factor in the used car market's equation and we have just started ruling the demand side of the equation by introducing a platform where people can buy a 100% verified used car from CARS24 at best price with no hassle for paperwork!
About the role :
- We are looking for an experienced Program Leader to oversee our effort to make used car selling business a world class experience with impeccable business performance. You will provide strategic guidance to teams and project managers. You will be directly involved with regional teams for implementation and growth
What will you do :
- Oversee and drive key enablers for better business performance. Work with Regional teams and product to improve key profit and cost levers
- Driver key strategic projects on revenue and cost to ensure healthier, improving PnL for the business
- Work with regional teams to improve revenue per unit by improving earnings from Value added services and core margin structure
- Lead business planning for entire business including revenue & cost projections. Build Expansion blueprint, manpower projections & work with various stakeholders to achieve business targets
- Handhold all stages of new launch and expansion initiatives across all regions. Work with stakeholders to ensure timely execution against estimated timelines
- Design & lead projects around improving resource productivity. Display thought leadership in reimagining ways of operating across each function systematically escalate problems or variance in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status and business drivers during shift changes as needed throughout the activity cycle and during daily/weekly reviews.
What you need :
- 8-10 years of experience in managing multiple programs focused on business growth
- Prior experience of working in fast paced environment. Ability to deliver 1st principal approach through ambiguity
- Strong analytical bent of mind and ability to process information through large data set
- Post-graduation from Tier-1 college is preferred
- Prior experience of managing large set of stakeholders across multiple functions
- Strong bias to action with prior experience of end-to-end project delivery
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills