Cars24.com - General Manager - Sales - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (4-9 yrs)
General Manager - Mumbai (IIM/IIT/XLRI/MDI/FMS)
About Cars24 :
A rickety Ambassador or a shining new Porsche, a JK or a TN registration plate, an accidental car or one which wouldn- t start, none of it matters because we buy any car at the best price. We have a simple solution to the most complex problem that a car owner faces - selling his/ her car - and our solution is deeply rooted in technology which is why it works.Execution is our game and we are killing it! At present, we trade a couple thousand cars every month, making us by far the most significant and largest player in the used car industry. Guess what? We are the fastest growing young business out of India in the last one and a half year - all of it while still being in stealth mode! With 60 branches across 12 major cities in India, we are scaling up rapidly and are on the road to profitability. If you want to work with a business that has the potential to be one of the largest tech companies to emerge out of India, talk to us. We are looking for talented individuals who are excited about working long term, in building a valuable business. We want folks who value building things from the ground up.
Job Responsibilities :
- Leading a young and motivated city team (up to 200+ people) to become the go-to used Cars Company in different cities while constantly innovating whenever needed
- Responsible for sustaining and growing the city's revenues with P&L responsibilities. Defining Cars24's strategy in your city and the broader region.
- Communicating effectively and driving alignment on the mission, goals/ targets, why and how of what has to be done
- Managing the entire procurement channel of the city (Dealers/customers).
- Responsible for recruiting, training and performance management of the city team
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and records
- Interpreting and analyzing data to understand problem sharply and analyze proposed solutions and suggested outcomes.
- Will be required to work collaboratively with other city heads, and support functions (marketing, finance, HR)
We are looking for :
- 4-9 years of work experience in the relevant field
- Automobile industry experience not compulsory
- Post-graduation from a Tier 1 college
- Looking for hands-on leader who is willing to get their hands dirty, right from directly buying cars from customers to going on the field visits to dealers if required.
- Strong team handling skills - experience in handling a large multi-tiered team
- Detail orientation and good data analytics skills is a must