Cars24.com - General Manager - NBFC Entity (5-8 yrs)
Selling a car is outright painful. Right for the very first owner of a car in 1880s, to an owner today - selling a car has been a disastrous experience. So much for all the advancements that includes autonomous and flying cars!!
Why is the problem worth solving?
First, because you and I hate how we have to sell our car. So if we can fix it, we build a REAL big business. Good news is that given we (CARS24!) already buy around 10,000 cars every month, so we know how to fix it.
Second, this gives us - supply- leadership. No one has the kind of supply of used cars like we do. It makes us kind of an - OEM equivalent- in used cars. Wow! But why is this wow? Because if you have supply, you can also own demand, financing and so much more. But it all starts with supply. This is how we organize a market that has been fragmented forever.
Third, auto business is not just transactions but is also, lending/ financing, servicing, insurance, data services, and so much more. So if we own supply, we can own the auto ecosystem.
So what can we create?
Nothing less than India's largest auto company. A company that helps car owners sell their car, buy another car, get loan, get insurance, get car repaired, and so much more.
India's largest auto company that could be worth so many tens of billions in a market that is $100bn addressable market today!
How do we do it?
We are a tech company. This is not possible without tech. We can- t organize supply or build future solutions without tech. However, operations/ execution is also very critical.
Where are we on this journey?
We are in Phase 1 of building supply. So as you can see we are just getting started and there is so much to accomplish. That's why it's such an exciting journey ahead and we would love you to be part of it.
We are 3 years old. We already buy a massive 10,000 cars a month and growing 20%+ month on month. As Elvis said, - Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine- If you love cars, you will get it. And if you get it, we would love to chat!
About the role:
- Responsible for all RBI and regulatory provisions applicable to NBFC
- Overall fund and equity management of NBFC entity
- Attending and preparing replies to RBI inspection report and reviewing of all NBFC applicable policies
- Understand the business and accordingly structuring the draft in terms of papers, compliance and risk
- Meeting all Statutory Compliances related to RBI & NBFC. Responsible for ensuring uniform practices across verticals and providing support in Secretarial Audit / Internal Audit / Annual Report related assignments
- Provide continuous assistance in various business deals and understanding of compliance
- Expertise in day to day Operational work like Disbursement & Repayment of funds through Online Banking Facility, Securities Pay in and Securities Pay out of Clients
- CA with at least 5 years+ of experience, preferably from NBFC or Banking background
- Strong interpretation ability & promptness of response
- Coordinating with various locations/departments for collecting information and to enable smooth work
- Functional knowledge of Regulatory and Other Compliance issues / requirements for banks / NBFCs
- Well versed with RBI rules, regulations & guidelines and related Compliance requirement
- Excellent Verbal and written communication.
- Strong Project Management and Time Management skills
- Detail oriented, output-driven and diligent individual
- Comfortable with ambiguity, unpredictable work hours and open to working in a fast paced startup environment