Cars24.com - Business Head - Maharashtra (6-11 yrs)
A rickety Ambassador or a shining new Porsche, a JK or a TN registration plate, an accidental car or one which wouldn- t start, none of it matters because we buy any car at the best price. We have a simple solution to the most complex problem that a car owner faces - selling his/ her car - and our solution is deeply rooted in technology which is why it works.
Execution is our game and we are killing it! At present, we trade a couple thousand cars every month, making us by far the most significant and largest player in the used car industry. Guess what? We are the fastest growing young business out of India in the last one and a half year - all of it while still being in stealth mode! With 124 branches across 26 major cities in India, we are scaling up rapidly and are on the road to profitability. If you want to work with a business that has the potential to be one of the largest tech companies to emerge out of India, talk to us. We are looking for talented individuals who are excited about working long term, in building a valuable business. We want folks who value building things from the ground up.
About the role -
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the Company's vision and strategy
- Develop, review, and report on the business development division's strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the heads of department
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results
- Develop and lead the Business Development team in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities
- Leading a young and motivated state team (up to 400+ people) to become the go-to used Cars Company in different cities while constantly innovating whenever needed
- Responsible for sustaining and growing the State's revenues with P&L responsibilities. Defining Cars24's strategy in your state.
- Communicating effectively and driving alignment on the mission, goals/ targets, why and how of what has to be done
- Responsible for recruiting, training and performance management of the different city teams
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and records
- Interpreting and analyzing data to understand problem sharply and analyze proposed solutions and suggested outcomes.
- Will be required to work collaboratively with other city heads, and support functions (marketing, finance, HR)
- Responsible for Planning, Hiring and Inducting teams for various verticals of the Business.
- Business Development: Front lining the business development efforts by building pipeline,Maintaining and mining existing customer relationships and cross-referrals.
- Deal Making & Closure: Defining processes to structure deals, including valuation and negotiation; monitor financial performance of signed deals, trouble-shoot problems with channel partners.
- Industry & Market Intelligence: Keep abreast with developments of the sector and create opportunities for the organization. Be part of corporate strategic initiatives to start new products/businesses, grow existing ones, thought leadership, ideas. Also be responsible for day to day target achievement and business growth along with P&L of the state.
- At least 6 years+ of experience in business operations
- Excellent Verbal and written communication.
- Strong Project Management and Time Management skills
- Detail oriented, output-driven and diligent individual
- Strong network of suppliers/contractors across regions to deliver projects in-time
- Proactive service delivery attitude willingness to stretch and do whatever is required with a hands on can do approach
- Highly passionate, motivated and dynamic individual willing to work in an independent high-growth environment
- Strong team management skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, 6 days working and unpredictable work hours.