Cargill - Process Specialist - Record To Report - CA (2-3 yrs)
SHIFT TIMINGS: 6:30 PM-3:30 AM
Position Purpose & Summary :
This position is responsible for general ledger accounting for select Cargill business partners, balance sheet reconciliations, process improvements and ensuring compliance with Cargill policies. Act as a liaison between CBS Finance, business groups and Corp A&F.
Principal Accountabilities :
- Describe in detail 4-5 major position responsibilities/duties, not tasks, listing the most important first.
- No duty should have a percentage less than 5% and all duties should add to 100%
Record to Report :
- Provide GL accounting services for discontinued business units, which include accounting for administrative expenses, coordinate month-end general ledger close, prepare balance sheet reconciliations, and be a CRP Owner.
- Ensure all processes are preformed timely and accurately, and all accounting is done in accordance with Cargill policies and US GAAP
- Act as primary point of contact for the discontinued business unit/function partners- for which you are the primary GL accountant.
- Assist for corporate audit, external audit, tax audits, government reporting, and miscellaneous reports from the tax department, law department, and corporate finance team
Close businesses :
- Determine the steps needed to close the businesses and all related reporting units and bank accounts.
- Follow through by working with corporate finance and other teams to close the business.
Process improvement : Participate in process improvement projects within CBS Finance
Required Qualifications :
- 2 - 3 years of experience in finance operation with good expertise in Discontinued Business Line, Merger & Acquisitions, Record to Report and related Finance processes
- Prior experience of doing onsite migration for discontinued business line and experience in creation of effective desktop procedures/standard operating procedures
- Experience of working in shared service operations would be preferred
- Self-starter with good MS-office skills
- Strong team player and ability to handle tasks under pressure and in a timely manner with required quality
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to internal controls
- Highly motivated and self directed
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability- to handle complex situations in a changing environment
- Ability to handle time pressures and to meet deadlines
- Ability to be an effective team player
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Highly organized
- Process improvement mindset
Preferred Qualifications :
- End to end process knowledge on RTR
- Working Knowledge of ERP (JDE) & People Soft would be preferred
- Flexible to work in night shifts
- To work independently with limited supervision
- To demonstrate analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of MS_Office (Word / Excel)
- Good Interpersonal & Communication Skills