Cargill India - Senior Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis - CA (5-10 yrs)
SENIOR FP&A ANALYST
- Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary :
- The Senior Analyst for FP&A provides analytical support to the business leadership team by monitoring performance and identifying areas for improvement including cost optimization, volume and margin analysis over customer and product segments as well as works with the FP&A, DS and Commercial team members on project related activities and analysis.
- Part of the responsibility is to collaborate with business stakeholders to define new metrics and help drive business performance. This role may be focused on customer segments, supply chain, or performance for the business.
Principal Accountabilities :
Financial Planning & Analysis : (40%)
- Identify analytics needs of internal teams through a comprehensive understanding of their business and collaboration with its stakeholders.
- Partner with internal customers to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that improve business decision making, performance, and business growth. Help implement approved action plans.
- Define and work with stakeholders to improve data integrity and usefulness throughout the platform, including identification and implementation of opportunities to improve operations and processes that impact data.
- Monitor operational performance including variance analysis and comparison against forecast and budget. Challenge the business with a critical view and propose opportunities to improve.
- Support with preparation of financial business plan, forecasts and budget.
- Assist with monthly reporting (regional and global) and communicate results to the BU leadership.
- Identify improvement opportunities and present the supporting information. Help implement approved action plans.
- Coordinate the development of the business or financial case for specific initiatives or capital investments
Process Improvement : (30%)
- Develop analytics and reports and support the team in driving consistent use of business support tools (JDE/SAP).
- Utilize and improve existing frameworks and reports to enhance the analytical environment in operations.
- Improve month closing process while identify gaps and establish new key performance metrics where appropriate.
Ad-hoc Project Support : (30%)
- Provide analytical support for the ANH global FP&A activity
- Active participation in various business finance initiatives and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills :
Required Qualifications :
- 5+ years relevant professional finance experience
- Experience in planning and forecasting with strong supporting financial theory
- Working knowledge of balance sheet, income statement and Cash Flow statements and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, across and up in the organization
- Proven experience in identifying key metrics, developing reports and analytical views in business intelligence tools
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes, tools, and approaches
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail
- Ability to understand a problem, structure the necessary analysis and develop solutions
- Highly motivated and self-directed, results driven, pro-active attitude
- Collaborative team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferably Chartered Accountant
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Experience with Anaplan, or other budgeting/modelling tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and visualization tools (Power BI or Tableau)
Job : Finance/Accounting
Primary Location : India-KA-Bangalore
Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Shift : Day Job
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.