TA at Cargill Business Services
Views:2043 Applications:426 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:219
Cargill - Global Strategic Pricing Manager (10-15 yrs)
Exp : 10 - 15 Years
Job Purpose and Impact:
The Global Strategic Pricing Manager supports the continuous development of our strategic pricing capability across company businesses. In this role you will lead pricing optimization projects across the business groups to provide continuous optimization of critical pricing capabilities such as value-based pricing, consumer and retail pricing, big deal pricing and negotiations and pricing science, analytics and technology. This role is an advisor to pricing and commercial leaders across the business.
- Lead multiple pricing optimization projects and deploy strategic pricing capabilities for the various business groups, aligning with their strategies, market dynamics and needs.
- Define detailed, impact and results driven roadmaps and implement initiatives by showing a lead-by-example implementation style (e.g. by taking lead role, together with business owners, on new approaches for big deal negotiations).
- Support the deployment of pricing as an end-to end process, from strategic considerations to actual price setting techniques, governance and supporting technology.
- Provide business need assessments with regard to data and technological requirements and be able to make realistic return on investment tradeoffs in terms of how sophisticated the requirements need to be.
- Continuously evaluate pricing developments and trends to ensure new thought leadership and capabilities are introduced into the various business groups.
- Generate hypotheses for profit improvement opportunities, validate with data and facts, and develop deployment projects to capitalize on the opportunities.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
Other duties as assigned:
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to reach to a decision with a less than perfect fact base, relying on pragmatism combined with logical reasoning.
- High level of initiative, curiosity and potential to go beyond the described role as the team responsibilities evolve.
- Ability to move seamlessly back and forth between planning and execution.
- Balancing complex analytics with pragmatism, simplicity and taking people along.
- Validated track-record in prioritizing, selecting and deploying pricing technology such as third-party pricing software, including the ability to trade-off such solutions against in-house developed or other tailored solutions.
- Experience in successfully improving margins through pricing initiatives.
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Master's degree in a related field from an institute of repute
- Proven Expertise in developing strategic pricing models and relevant data analysis in the CPG/FMCG Space
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in external consultancy
- Proven track record in project management, specifically scope management and project organizational skills
- Superior communication skills: ability to communicate, structured and concise