HR - Talent Acquisition at Cargill
Views:1662 Applications:340 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:180
Cargill - Analyst - Transportation Sourcing (2-3 yrs)
Transportation Sourcing Analyst
Position Purpose and Summary:
- The Transportation Sourcing Analyst will partner with sourcing leads to support of CTL sourcing and analytics projects and efforts as assigned. This will be achieved by exercising strong skills to source data, organize it, analyze it, and reporting on findings in a structured and repeatable manner.
- This position supports cross-Business sourcing activities, provides information and insight that actively supports the carrier negotiation process, and leads data integrity improvement initiatives as required.
- S/he supports the people who are the focal point for all rate inquiries and respond to requests from business unit stakeholders.
- Responsible for preparing data for rate loading, supporting the pre-audit process and conducts rate analysis as it relates to their area of focus. Establish and maintain supplier performance measures, databases, and assist in developing CTL's abilities to provide market intelligence.
- This position will also assist in developing and executing processes to capture, organize, and analyze shipment information. This role will interact with multiple business units, require cross-Business and functional collaboration and will require problem-solving skills and a natural curiosity for driving continuous improvement.
1. Spend Management (40%):
- Coordinate with Global Data & Analytics Team to ensure local alignment with global CTL metrics and standards, and leverage advanced analytic capabilities as needed to conduct truckload spend analysis.
- Review and monitor supplier performance scorecards.
- Create and maintain metrics reporting and value capture/measurement tracking tools.
- Develop and apply broad industry knowledge to market analysis and freight studies specific to the assigned BU(s) and carrier partners.
- Monitor and ensure assigned BU's are meeting contractual agreements as it relates to volume and revenue requirements.
- Responsible for freight payable reconciliation and exceptions.
2. Sourcing Support (20%):
- Support the CTL regional strategy with respect to carrier management (e.g. carrier selection, contract negotiations, relationship management).
- Collaborate with stakeholders to facilitate and monitor the utilization of strategic supplier contracts and actively participate in the carrier negotiation process.
- Support carrier contracting efforts via eSourcing tool: RFI- s, RFP's and scenario development.
- Build industry knowledge to support/perform bid analysis, post-negotiation awards and enhance our carrier onboarding process.
- Prepare data for rate loading and conduct analysis to support the match-pay freight payment process.
- Supports the sales organization by providing customer freight delivery economics.
- Supports the person who acts as the focal point for all sales rate requests and deeply understands shipping requirements for stakeholders.
3. Client Business Unit Interaction (30%):
- Develop deep knowledge of client's customer delivery requirements, plant operational requirements and translate these to aide in sourcing events as well as carrier management.
- Resolve local carrier/operational issues with operations/client that impact our sourcing contracts.
- Maintain strong business relations with BU and carrier partners to streamline freight sourcing and carrier utilization.
4. Perform miscellaneous projects and job-related duties as assigned and/or required. (10%).
Required Qualifications :
- Graduation/Post Graduation preferably in business, transportation, supply chain or equivalent business experience
- Demonstrated client/customer focus role and strong relationship builder
- 2-3 years- experience in the areas of transportation, logistics, operations, SCM, finance, trading or other commercially oriented roles
- Demonstrated ability to excel in ambiguous situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office with strong expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative - ability to excel in a team environment
- Self-starter - highly motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience on how to get things done within a matrix organization
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- BA/BS transportation, supply chain or equivalent business experience
- 3 years- experience in the areas of transportation, logistics, operations, SCM, finance, trading or other commercially- oriented roles, preferably in the truck mode
- Financial acumen, strong analytical skills; experience with scorecards/metrics