HR Executive at Girnarsoft (CarDekho)
Views:2013 Applications:348 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
CarDekho.com - Manager - Legal/Litigation - FinTech - LLB/LLM (6-8 yrs)
Key responsibilities will include:
a) Drafting and vetting of various petitions, pleadings, writs, affidavits, counter affidavits, appeals, miscellaneous applications, affidavits, civil or criminal complaints and notices.
b) Handling matters related to cheque/mandate dishonor u/s 138 of NI Act, repossession of assets, obtaining interim relief u/s 9 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, exercise of mortgage / hypothecation / subrogation / assignment rights, recovery of loan amounts / enforcement of loan agreements and undertakings on behalf of financiers, etc.
c) Liaising with police, enforcement agencies, various government officials for resolution of cases (both at pre-litigation and post litigation stages).
d) Providing legal assistance, advice and guidance to the business- senior leadership on all legal matters affecting their individual departmental transactions.
e) Help business to proactively manage and resolve commercial disputes and manage litigations, pre-litigation, criminal matters, recovery matters, claims and disputes in matters relating to customers, vendors/ service providers, employees/ labour and other stakeholders filed by or against the Company and/or its officials
f) Keeping a track on the progress of all the litigations filed by or against the Company or its officials and maintaining complete records (MIS/files) for the same.
g) Digitization and automation of legal processes around litigation management.
h) Identify and empanel competent law firms/ lawyers/legal consultants across India.
i) Attending conferences/meetings and briefing senior lawyers/law firms and framing strategies/action plans for successful outcome of legal matters.
j) Assist in formulation and implementation of strategies for recovery of bad debt/repossession of assets from possession of the defaulters. Liaison with various stake holders, consumers, dealers, banks for recovery process.
k) Streamline the documentation/procedures and develop new systems for enhancing and strengthening various business verticals in a legally compliant manner.
l) Preparing, highlighting and updating higher management of the Company regarding status of litigation including high stake cases.
m) Analyzing and identifying the legal risks and implications of all of the business's transactions, keeping the senior management in all departments of the business informed of developments in laws and regulations that potentially affect the business.
n) The position may require frequent travel, on a PAN India basis, to manage litigations and appear before various courts, tribunals, forums or regulatory and governmental agencies as representative of the Company.
The candidate must:
- Be a law graduate i.e. LL.B. (LL.M. is a plus) from a premium Law School in India.
- Have 6-8 years of total post-qualification experience in Auto-tech/Fin-tech/Financial Services industry and/or law firms focusing on clients from Auto-tech/Fin-tech/Financial Services domain.
- Be working in a corporate legal capacity within a fast-paced, fast-evolving and dynamic environment, preferably as a Senior Lawyer.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of Civil, Criminal Litigation, Pre-litigation dispute resolution, Arbitration, Negotiable Instruments Act, Contract Act, Sales of Goods Act, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, Insurance Laws, Consumer Protection Laws, Motor Vehicles Act, IPR Laws, Information Technology Laws, Data Protection Laws.
- Be able to work independently and identify and remedy complex legal issues with minimum amount of supervision.
- Have excellent and strong organizational skills with clear communication of instructions and information down the line and ability to move relevant stakeholders towards a unified direction.
Competencies / Skills
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Technologically adept and possess excellent computer skills.
- Ability to interpret laws/find solutions to complex legal issues and efficiently handle litigations.
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment and within very tight timelines.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and conflicting priorities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.