Human Resources at Captain Fresh
Views:368 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Captain Fresh - Manager - Legal - LLB (7-8 yrs)
This role will involve working closely on all legal contracts and company secretary matters of Company, its group companies and subsidiaries. The scope of legal support includes commercial contracts, litigation, intellectual property and company secretary activities pertaining to equity and debt fund raise, board and shareholder meetings, corporate housekeeping and regulatory filings with Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Reserve Bank of India, interacting with Registrar and Transfer agent and others.
1. Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, create standard templates of agreements, archiving and renewal of contracts to ensure timely renewal of contracts.
2. Can be designated as Company Secretary for the Company or its subsidiary, as per instructions of the Legal Head. Responsible for performing the duties pertaining to board and shareholder approval, address investor queries, dematerialization of shares, assistance in documentation for equity and debt fund raise, coordinate with Registrar and Transfer Agent, performing pre-closing and post closing secretarial actions, filing returns and forms with Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Reserve Bank of India.
3. Protect the intellectual property of the Company in India and abroad. Manage the trademark portfolio of the Company. Coordinate with legal head and external trademark attorneys for making trade mark search, trademark applications, strategize opposition of trademarks and file infringements to trademarks.
4. Provide guidance, advice and approval on product labels and packaging, marketing claims and marketing materials.
5. Provide guidance on employment related issues, e.g. termination, severance, mutual separation, outsourcing arrangements, employment templates, work closely with HR on day to day queries.
6. Draft and serve legal notices and where ever appropriate initiate legal proceedings on customers etc. to secure payments pertaining to the Company.
7. Such other tasks, assignments as may be assigned by the Legal Head.
Qualifications and Experience:
(a) Law Degree from recognized university in India or a common law jurisdiction.
(b) Associate/ Fellow Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India
(c) Self starter, willing to work in a fast paced environment, with at least 7-8 years post qualification experience in early stage organization(s), having been a part of at least 2 rounds of equity fund raise from foreign investors. Preferable from food/ pharma sectors.
(d) Go getter attitude, excellent command of both spoken and written English and Hindi. Knowledge of Kannada or any additional language will be an advantage.
(e) Team player. Ability to handle multiple assignments and manage major projects to successful completion.
(f) Highest standards of professional integrity. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.