Human Resources at Captain Fresh
Views:1097 Applications:265 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Captain Fresh - Category Manager - NPD (4-7 yrs)
About Captain Fresh
We are a B2B marketplace leveraging technology to deliver the fastest harvest-to-retail in the industry.
Our constant endeavor is to help farmers generate more revenue and businesses supply the freshest fish and seafood to their customers. We achieve this with deliberate efforts to build a data and deep tech driven platform to power our supply chain.
The incumbent is required to perform a range of activities, namely, developing and maintaining a healthy new product pipeline, overseeing product development and design, launching new products, leading market research, advertising development, influencing pricing strategies, driving and monitoring sales performance. This role influences critical thinking and strategy basis consumer, customer and competition insights and works closely with Category team to execute the same
1. Responsible to help conceptualize and execute the relevant product strategy for Captain Fresh
- B2B2C vertical
- Monitor, analyse, and evaluate market trends, consumer / customer behavior, and competitor activity to identify new opportunities for the brands.
- Monitor, analyse, and evaluate brand performance and customer and consumer feedback to ensure that the marketing mix is aligned to meet changing customer / consumer needs.
- Liaise with other areas of the organization (R&D, manufacturing) to implement these changes.
- Understand market research need for the brands and execute a market research road map. Ensure market research done is utilized meaningfully to achieve business objectives.
- Help develop and lead execution of the Product launch plans (including communication development) to define the business objectives (sales, market share, profitability) of the relevant products.
- Work closely with the sales team to initiate, plan and oversee implementation of local initiatives to drive volume growth.
- Monitor and influence demand forecasting; monitor sales and other brand metrics and adapt plans as required.
- Help develop and execute a healthy new product pipeline.
- Define and execute GTM strategy
- Define SOPs around Testing and benchmarking with competitors
- Effectively manage external interfaces (advertising agencies, media agencies, PR agencies and market research agencies), internal interfaces (R&D, manufacturing, SCM, market research, sales) and cross functional teams to deliver on Category objectives
- Monitor and recommend action for brand profitability.
2. Supporting responsibilities
- Support the Category Head in evolving Product plans, forecasts and budgets.
- Support / contribute to functional and organizational projects when required.
Communication Network Internal:
- R&D, SCM, Finance, Legal, Manufacturing, Sales
Critical success factors :
- Thorough understanding of industry , consumers and customers, product, packaging, manufacturing and product costs, knowledge of core principles of new product development and processes, financial acumen, executional rigour, delivering through extended teams, appreciation of relevant laws, regulations and policies.
Strong analytical / conceptual skills, inter-personal skills, influencing skills, communication skills, creativity
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters in Business Administration in Marketing
- 4- 6 years of relevant experience required post graduation
- FMCG - FMCD Experience compulsory
- New product development experience is mandatory
- Revenue and/or Operational expense accountability:
- Sales, profitability and marketing spends
- Willingness to either lead a project
- Results-focused rather than effort-focused
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail