Human Resources at Captain Fresh
Views:2551 Applications:517 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:223
Captain Fresh - Category Manager (3-6 yrs)
About Captain Fresh
We are a B2B marketplace leveraging technology to deliver the fastest harvest-to-retail in the industry.
Our constant endeavor is to help farmers generate more revenue and businesses supply the freshest fish and seafood to their customers. We achieve this with deliberate efforts to build a data and deep tech driven platform to power our supply chain.
Roles and responsibilities
1. Define Category Strategy & own product portfolio development
- Using consumer research, internal and external understanding, data, intuition, creating relevant categories and sub-categories for Captain Fresh - B2B2C Vertical to help build deeper understanding of the consumers, their behaviors, needs / wants across different occasions.
- Competition analysis (pricing/promotions/launches) & study of industry trends to provide key inputs for conceptualization, Communication of the products in the category.
2. Own category funnel & conversion and work across cross-functional teams ( digital product, merchandising) on solutioning to improve the funnel and user conversion
(Levers: Improve shop-experience on the platform/ cross-sell/up-sell/ personalization/category specific events etc)
3. Design the GTM and scale up for new categories/new SKUs
4. Own & execute demand generation activities to meet category objectives
- Levers for demand generation ( Selection, pricing, promotions, visibility, availability and consumer communication, category events)
- Own and execute monthly/weekly category merchandising, visibility & consumer communication plan to drive new to platform acquisition, New to category acquisition and repeat to category
5. Own the category P&L and its delivery.
- Monthly & weekly category revenue plan and its delivery.
- Own Margin Strategy and its delivery. ( Levers are: Selling price/kg, yield, category mix, Purchase price/kg)
6. Work closely, across functions ( NPD, Backend Supply Chain, Delivery Ops, Merchandising, Planning team, Brand & Offline & Marketing Team ) for the following
7. Packaging design development and execution for products
8. NPD: Guide on New product Development and developing features in existing products.