Talent Acquisition Consultant at Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance Co.
Views:306 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance - Senior Manager - IT - API Development - WSO2 Certified (8-12 yrs)
Senior Manager IT - API (WSO2)
The API Developer contributes to the development of APIs and Web services that facilitates the achievement of business outcomes and improves business efficiencies and processes through leveraging technology. The focus capabilities for the role are the capabilities in which occupants must demonstrate immediate competence.
Must have skills :
- Experience in implementation on Anypoint platform. Usage of Anypoint studio, Dataweave, API Manager[RAML] components.
- Knowledge of the on-prem and cloud versions a must.
- Knowledge of Cloud and architecting for the same a must.
- Understanding of microservices based design.
- Good understanding of integration patterns.
- JEE experience a must.
- Knowledge and usage of Appservers [WAS/Tomcat]/Databases/Middleware/Messaging queues a must.
- Experienced at performance tuning and debugging performance bottlenecks.
- Good people management skills
- Good communication skills.
- Life Insurance domain experience an added advantage
- Good understanding of aspects related with security of data at rest and in motion.Familiar with code management, defect management, ticket and project management tools
- Progressive experience in information technology with emphasis in Software Development and Quality Assurance
- Knowledge and experience in software development methodologies (e.g., waterfall, agile, prototyping, rapid application development)
Principal Accountabilities :
- Work on identified business needs to be addressed by an API.
- Work with the Technical Architect to get details on API design.
- Defining the plan for the environments how the API implementation will fit into the existing architecture and security framework.
- Identify improvement points in the project process and in the development tools.
- Mentor junior members of the team in API development tools and technology
- Co-ordinate with App development team for successful delivery of software applications or enhancements of existing software applications.
- Demonstrate technical leadership ability in API based technology.
- Maintain an effective approach on problem solving, multi-tasking, equipment and materials in accordance with the Project Plan to ensure visibility and predictability. Act as technical lead on projects as required.
- Work with outside vendors on projects, establishing technical requirements and standards for product development.
- Provide 3rd level application support and problem resolution to minimise the impact of application related service outages Reviews design documents and provides feedback on approach and estimates
- Ensures that software meets or exceed specified standards and end-user requirement.
- Creating, maintaining and implementing the source code.
- Undertake post-release activities to develop a base of knowledge to be incorporated in future build and release cycles.
- Complete testing and gather feedback to improve the quality and reduce operational risk of the developed APIs.
Customers / Stakeholders :
- Build strong relationships, adopting a win-win approach, to execute change at fast pace and with minimum conflict
- Works closely with delivery partners to shape the programme, ensuring there are clear goals, benefits, scope, governance and delivery structure with planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery and business partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Resolve issues and conflicts within the project team, highlight issues & Risks to the Project Business lead/sponsor in a timely fashion
Operational Effectiveness & Control :
- Manages and reports project risks, issues and dependencies, promoting good risk management across the programmes workstreams
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
- Compliance with external regulatory requirements, internal control standards and group compliance policy
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Ensures governance processes and decisions are applied consistently, including engaging the programme sponsor/Business lead and stakeholders effectively
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective & timely decision are taken